Eurodam: the good, not so goof, but nothing bad or ugly

boom_boom

2 hours ago, MISTER 67 said:

Agree with you on how hard it is to get a drink in a lounge, we have found this to not only be a HAL problem but also with the 3 other lines we sail with on a rotating basis. It's like pulling teeth to try to get a drink from the wait staff on Celebrity, Princess and MSC. Dont know what the problem is but it's very annoying. 

Gosh, that doesn't match my experience in May on the Noordam!  The aft pool area, Lido seating, Pinnacle Bar and the Ocean Bar all had great service from the roving waiters as well as the bartenders while sitting at the bar.  I hope Oosterdam in three weeks is as up to snuff as it was two years ago on the Mexican Riviera itinerary.  HAL really does seem to have a lack of consistency with some aspects from ship to ship.

Thanks for the report,

~Nancy 

• 2 months later...

Usually the Crow's Nest (not sure they still call it that) area was reasonably quiet. I was up there a lot reading and just watching the sea. Also a small library in that area. I found some of the bars that didn't open early could also be good for quiet time. Unlike my earlier 2019 cruise on Celebrity the Eurodam had a designated art show area and didn't rope off lounge areas for art display.

• Thanks 1