Navigator and UDP

bgcruiser

We are on NOS for a 4 night cruise 10/28-11/1 with the UDP. I know it's always subjective how RCL allows guest to use their UDP onboard in regards to Embarkation/Sea Days/Port Days ect. 

Has anyone used their UDP

1. on Embarkation to eat lunch at Playmakers (I know it's a $35 credit w/UDP) or a specialty restaurant

2. to eat at the pay venue on Coco Cay (Capt. Jack's) or at Playmakers back on the ship while docked at Coco Cay

3. to eat at a specialty restaurant on a Port Day ( Port Day is Nassau)

We have no sea days as we are on one of the "double dip" for Coco Cay. I am hoping that because of the fact we are without a Sea Day RCL might be a little more lenient in their rules with the UDP.

Any first hand experiences to share?

• 2 weeks later...

Just back from our NOS cruise and ready to answer my own questions about the UDP and 4 night NOS cruise without a day at sea.

On embarkation day we were allowed to use our UDP at Jamie's for lunch. Chops was being used for the Key guest lunch.

We were allowed to use our UDP at Playmakers anytime it was open and the server/bartender knew how the UDP pp credit worked (no charges showed up on our folio).

On our day in Nassau Jamie's was again opened for lunch and we were told we could use our UDP if we choose to.

On our second day at Coco Cay, the MDR was opened for lunch as an extra venue for all guest to use. 

Hope this helps anyone with the same pre-cruise questions I had about the UDP.

BTW, Hooked is off the Hook! What a great new addition to the signature restaurant line-up.

One more tidbit of dining info to add, on the Nassau port day, Chops was also opened for a special "Taste of Royal" lunch menu. We didn't partake but the Cruise Compass description stated this was an additional cost 4 course tasting menu. Each course "highlighted" a menu item from each of the 4 specialty restaurants. Reservations were required. I didn't find out the cost.

Our next cruise is Oasis in Jan. Once again we will have the UDP. Will report back after our cruise on the details of how we were allowed to use the plan.

Thank you so much for starting this thread and posting your experience!  I’m sooo temped to purchase this.  

One question I have is how long your dining experiences took?  We’re you in chops for 2-3 hrs or was it faster?   

My 9 year old would pay kids price to join us but I would need to discuss with my 13 year old if he was going to dine with us even twice then I would need to get it for him too..

Cel-cruise,

On average I would estimate about 90 mins for a 3-4 course meal. Our dining reservations were between 7-8 pm. We were a party of 2. Perhaps an earlier reservation time and more diners could push it closer to the 2 hour mark. At Jamie's, we were in and out in under an hour as they were probably the least busy in our experience.

What your kids might really enjoy is the "Hot Rock" cooking at Izumi. This was literally what the menu says, they bring a super heated cooking rock to the table and you cook an assortment of seafood, beef and vegetables on top. Sort of a "do it yourself hibachi".