Mini Suite Balcony Question Please

jalakim

Are the Mini suite balconies bigger then reg. balconies? What else do the mini suites offer besides a tub?

My inlaws are travelling with us and they are getting an inside cabin. They figure they will just use our balcony. If the balcony is bigger then this may be a better option to alleviate crowding.

Thanks

Kim

Sorry but your countdown is not working so I can't tell which ship you will be sailing on. But here is a list of amenities for suites and mini suites:

Beginning September 2005, our Suite and Mini-Suite passengers will enjoy added amenities. From sumptuous luxury mattresses, linens and amenities to in-suite entertainment, passengers can expect to be pampered every step of the way.

Suite and Mini-Suite passengers can enjoy:

• Complimentary champagne at embarkation
  • Top of the range 'Beautyrest' mattresses
  • Luxury 100% Egyptian cotton, high-thread count ivory satin striped bed linens
  • Fluffy European duvets
  • Pillow menu
  • Massage shower heads
  • Luxury towels

Our Full Suite passengers can also enjoy more amenities:

• Combined DVD and CD player
  • Complimentary DVD library
  • Enhanced bathroom amenities
  • Halo illuminated magnifying vanity mirror
  • Princess Cruises tote bag
  • Umbrella
  • Complementary use of the Lotus Spa Thermal Suite (depending upon availability

The size of the balcony will depend on the ship you will be sailing on. If it is a Grand Class ship or a Sun Class ship as there are huge differences in the mini suites on the two classes.

We are going on the Island Princess to Hawaii in April 07.

This is my first crusie on Princess and I am very excited. I have been on Rccl and Carnival and will be on RCCL again this April to Panama, but I have herad great things about Princess and I am very anxious to try them.

Thaks so much for the info. It made up my mind for me. A mini-suite it is!!

I am not sure of the class of ship she is, but I will look it up.

You said there is a huge difference between classes. Which one is bigger?

Thanks

Kim

With your parents traveling in an inside, you will be very glad you booked a mini suite. You will have the sitting area and enough room for all of you to be comfortable in your stateroom and on your balcony when you get together.

The Sun Class mini suites are more like the Vista Suites (full suites) on the Grand Class, only without the full suite perks.. Of coarse there aren't as many of them so you do pay dearly for them. But they are worth every penny to us.

We have sailed many times in mini suites on the Grand Class ships (up to 25 days) and always been quite comfortable in them.

Sorry to say, we have not sailed on the Island Princess yet, but from looking at the pictures of the mini suites, they are about the same as on the other ships we have sailed on in the Grand Class. I think the Island is a bit different and in a different class, but the staterooms are about the same and that is all that matters. It will suit your needs perfectly.

My inlaws are travelling with us and they are getting an inside cabin. They figure they will just use our balcony. If the balcony is bigger then this may be a better option to alleviate crowding.

You may want to consider having both cabins marked as "no upgrades". I know the Grand and the Diamond are big ships and it can be really inconvenient to go from one end to the other. If you plan to get together often in your cabin, it would be good if their inside cabin is close to your mini-suite. If one or both of you are upgraded, your new cabins could be on different decks and/or opposite ends of the ship.

The flip side is they could get an upgraded to an outside cabin, which of course are better than inside cabins.

Just a suggestion. No matter what, have a great cruise!

Archived