RETREAT SUN DECK

Pickels

Just checking out the Retreat Sun Deck; we were considering it-- at first it, sounds like a good idea [if you're in a suite]; an area that is only for suite guests!  BUT, we would have to hike down to Deck 12 if we want to cool off because there's nothing on Deck 16.  Then, hike it back up to Deck 16?  Naw!  I don't think the Retreat Sun Deck is a good option.:classic_sad:

On the Edge there is a pool and a hot tub and showers.  The older ships were not designed to have a pool, but I understand they will have hot tub and showers - not quite as appealing to me. 

But on the Edge it was a fabulous location! And there was a lovely lunch menu that could be delivered poolside!

17 minutes ago, Pickels said:

Just checking out the Retreat Sun Deck; we were considering it-- at first it, sounds like a good idea [if you're in a suite]; an area that is only for suite guests!  BUT, we would have to hike down to Deck 12 if we want to cool off because there's nothing on Deck 16.  Then, hike it back up to Deck 16?  Naw!  I don't think the Retreat Sun Deck is a good option.:classic_sad:

If you are discussing Equinox post refit then there is an issue...Don’t get me wrong, the decor, quality of furnishings and service level on deck 16 is fantastic but there is no water and limited shade.

We were on Equinox a few weeks ago. We tended to have a routine of heading from our cabin to the Solarium for a swim (we placed our things on one of the side ledges so we weren’t taking up sunbed space). We then headed to the suite deck via the lift then we hobbled up from 15 to 16 (no lift access). Strongly suggest you use the inside stairway if you have any mobility issues.

We often timed our visit to the sun deck for lunchtime and would enjoy a drink and light snack (small but suitable and tasty menu).  If you are at sea the breeze is deceptive as you can burn without feeling particularly hot...if you are in port you are hot.

We did enjoy our Equinox cruise but with its part refit the benefit of the suite deck is limited. Ironically although it is too hot and unshaded in the Caribbean it would equally be too open and cold in cooler cruise destinations...

I guess it depends on how important the sun deck is to you and if, compared to unrevolutionised ships it is costing you more...