Club Orange - where in reservation?

ukdeblarz

Just purchased Club Orange.  Print out your payment record for the cruise, both pages.  It will be at the bottom of page 2, at least it was on ours.  It has never shown up on our itinerary with the other purchases we have bought for our Christmas/New Year's cruise.  I also called our PCC, and she emailed her computer screenshot, showing our Club Orange purchase as well as all incentives.  I printed this email in color, since each purchase category is in a different color.  

Hope this helps.

Edited by sevenseasnomad
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, ukdeblarz said:

Thanks DFWGUYZ,  It wasn't in that spot, so I ended up calling.  They confirmed I have it, but said that I won't see it when I am in my reservation.

You are welcome. IMO it should be there. Hope the webmasters are seeing this.....

Edited by DFWGUYZ

Ken the cruiser,

The upgrade worked great!  Booked the lowest category veranda and then was upgraded to the highest category veranda instantly.

I'm still nervous not seeing Club Orange in my own line access.  I just hope everything works ok at check in.  I understand we go to a different line at embarkation and that our ship card is a Club Orange card.

I'm trying to do some cruise critic research to see what else I can learn.

2 hours ago, ukdeblarz said:

Ken the cruiser,

The upgrade worked great!  Booked the lowest category veranda and then was upgraded to the highest category veranda instantly.

I'm still nervous not seeing Club Orange in my own line access.  I just hope everything works ok at check in.  I understand we go to a different line at embarkation and that our ship card is a Club Orange card.

Did you book directly through HAL?  Have you made final payment?  If you answered yes to both questions, print out your payment pages.  At the end of the 2nd page, you'll find a list of extra purchases and perks.  Club Orange should be there.  If it isn't, call Ship Services.  Ask for a confirmation in writing.  I wouldn't leave home without a printed confirmation for Club Orange.  Should someone make a mistake at corporate, you have no way of proving you paid for this privilege.  You could take your credit card receipt, but normally my bill simply identifies all HAL purchases as "Holland America Line".  

Excellent upgrade.  Glad it worked out for you.  We refused the upgrade because we didn't want to exchange our huge balcony in VB category for a smaller balcony with VA.  The clerk who took our order understood completely and agreed we'd made the correct decision because that balcony is four times larger than the one we would have received with the upgrade.  

3 hours ago, ukdeblarz said:

Ken the cruiser,

Cool! Were you able to pick your cabin or is it just a guarantee which will be assigned right before sailing? Either way it helps make the $25 per day a little more palatable. 

2 hours ago, sevenseasnomad said:

Did you book directly through HAL?  Have you made final payment?  If you answered yes to both questions, print out your payment pages.  At the end of the 2nd page, you'll find a list of extra purchases and perks.  Club Orange should be there.  If it isn't, call Ship Services.  Ask for a confirmation in writing.  I wouldn't leave home without a printed confirmation for Club Orange.  Should someone make a mistake at corporate, you have no way of proving you paid for this privilege.  You could take your credit card receipt, but normally my bill simply identifies all HAL purchases as "Holland America Line".  

Excellent upgrade.  Glad it worked out for you.  We refused the upgrade because we didn't want to exchange our huge balcony in VB category for a smaller balcony with VA.  The clerk who took our order understood completely and agreed we'd made the correct decision because that balcony is four times larger than the one we would have received with the upgrade.  

So, vista suites are included in the CO upgrade deal? Interesting. The difference between the cheapest VS and the most expensive can sometimes be way more than $25 per person.

Just looked at a 14 day Alaska cruise on the Maasdam in 2021 and the cheapest VS was about $800 pp or $57 pp/day less than the most expensive VS. Sounds like a no brainer to upgrade to CO on that cruise. 

Edited by Ken the cruiser