Too young & single Aunt on Disney cruise

airlink diva

My parents have only one grandchild (by my brother) and my mother imformed me that in 2008 she wants to take Josh on a 7 day Disney Cruise.

In 2008, Josh age is 3 years old. Do you think that he will enjoy himself at such a young age?

Also, I want to also go along with my parents and Josh. But will I have fun on a Disney cruise? I'm in my late 30's and love cruising (mainly on Holland America--Go HAL :D :D !!), but I'm willing to try Disney. Or should I just forgo the family trip?

While I don't have children, based on many trip to WDW and talking to relatives and friends, I personnally think 3 years old is a little too young for a cruise or WDW. I am not sure that the child would really remember anything as they grow older.

Me and my wife are 44 and have been on both HAL and DCL and have enjoyed them both. I think you would enjoy yourself unless you absolutely hate kids. They are fairly well controlled on Disney as compare to RCCL or other lines but there are a lot of them. The nice thing is that they have no-kids alllowed nightclub section which makes it harder for them to sneak-in where they are not allowed.

I think a 3-year-old will have a wonderful time on a Disney cruise. I think he won't remember any of it when he grows up, but he'll have fun, and the whole family will have fun - including you. Disney does a better job than many other ships of keeping adults-only things adults-only. And if you love cruising already, you'll love the high level of service on the Disney ships.

Hi, at 3 Josh will have a lot of fun if he is failry sociable, in other words, would he be comfortable in a kids club??? Grandma can go in with him until he is comfortable with his surroundings. If he is NOT potty trained by that time he will have to go to the nursery and they do charge for that, $6 per hour, 2 hour minamum and it is reservations only. It books up quickly in the evenings for people who dont want to take their little ones to dinner or shows, or they want to go tot he clubs at night.

Most little kids seem to enjoy the stage shows because of all the music and bright colors and lots of characters too. There are lots of character meetings, but some young children as afraid of them.

The Mickey pool has one ear reserved for kids in swim diapers (not potty trained yet). it has jets of water to play in and an adult can easily sit on the side of the ear to supervise them. I fpotty trained but not use to the water the other ear is reserved for those kids basically, then the rest of the pool for the older ones who are comfortable with the pool. If you take a stroller, make it the umbrella type, full size strollers do fit, but just barely and are hard to handle on the ship and excursions. We took a 4 year old and 18 month old grandkids once and they had a ton of fun, but we kept the little one with us all the time, so it was less for us to enjoy, but it was worth it to watch his face lite up everyday. They have some porthole windows by the club areas that you can sit in and he loved to just sit there and watch the ocean.

At your age, yes you can have ablast too!!!! There are tons of adult only activities as well as family stuff. They usually have a meeting time the first 24 hours for single people to meet and have snacks, go to this and mingle. Hit all the clubs, the music is great, they have comedians, jugglers, magicians that do family and adult acts both. see them both, they are great. The adult only pool and hot tubs are rarely crowded, it is so nice!!! There is a show called Know your mate, this is a must see, even though you are there by yourself, it si a spin off from the newlywed game and it is hilarious! There is wine and cheese tasting, artof entertaining series all week long which has so many different things to do it is impossible to be bored. Just because something is listed as a family event, if it sounds like fun, go to it, we have done many family things as a couple with no kids or even just myself popping in to see what is happening. You can be as busy or as relaxed as you want, but YES you will have agood time, just go with the idea that you will try to experience as much as youc an, even if it something you would probably never consider doing on your own, thia is the time to give it a try, you may surprise youself. Hope you all have a magical cruise, if you have any speifici questions, please ask and I will try to answer for you. I have 10 DCL cruises under my belt and have traveled with ages 18 months tp 51 years of age, so we have experienced most areas of the cruise.

mom x4,grandma x4

At three, I think your nephew will have an excellent time on the cruise, even if he doesn't remember it when he's an adult. We took my then 18 month old brother on the 2004 cruise and he LOVED it. The shows are geared towards children, and most three year olds will love all of the music, dancing, characters, swimming pools, etc.

As for yourself, don't skip the family vacation! DH and I have been on the Magic two times, once for our honeymoon and once as part of a family reunion vacation. The adult activities on the ship are fantastic, the food is excellent and the service is phenomenal. If you already enjoy cruising, you'll have a great time on DCL!

I want to thank everyone for their replys. I really feel that this trip is more for my parents :D !! My mom is the type that would place a Mickey Mouse cap on and join in the fun!!

Believe me, this won't be the only trip Josh will make with my parents.

I always thought that Disney was just for kids, but I'm glad to know that they have areas and items for adults.

Thanks!!

Archived