New stops in Cancun

rlinsf

I am part of a group putting together mooring bouys in cancun. Prestently there will be 3 bouys and pass. will be tendered in to the mainland, we have been working on this project for 4 years and it is finally getting close. The only thing we are waiting on is the company to drill the shafts to anchor the bouy chain to the sea bed. Lots of great things to do in Cancun. Hope to see you there

RLINSF

This is great news. Our travel agent tells us although NCL's Dream is scheduled to stop there on Apr 13th, 2006, there's only about a 50-50 chance Cancun will be ready to receive the ship. What do you think the chances are there will be facilities available for us then?

Tom

Skyward '84

Dream (scheduled with family) '06

Thanks Tom for your reply, at this time we dont know when our bouys will be ready, "things down there happen on Mexican time" i do know NCL does anchor off of Isla Mujeres and tenders passengers in to Cancun but it is slow and pass. arent very happy with the ferry service, but we will change that. It has been quite an undertaking getting this approved but we are almost there.

Rudy

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi All!

Just to let you know the NCL Dream will not be calling on Cancun on it's April 8th sailing. It was canceled today for my clients who are sailing then. Hopefully they will offer another port or extend your visit in one of the remaining ports you will see.

Happy Sailing!

Christine McCabe

Harbor Light Cruises & Travel

Our travel agent tells us although NCL's Dream is scheduled to stop there on Apr 13th, 2006,Tom

Skyward '84

Dream (scheduled with family) '06

Just got off Dream today, there will not be any DREAM stops in Cancun this season or next. They are trying their best to keep you hoping, so you won't cancel, but neither Cancun or any other extra added stop will be made. On board Port Consultant Myles complete with his pink shirt and matching tye will "pretend" to not know anything about what you have been promised, but he says and I quote "the Dream has know since December that we have no plans to be stopping in CANCUN this YEAR" Dream has removed Cancun from it's season next year and though it appears to have 4 stops next season, it DOES NOT. Look closer and you will see that one stop is for 1/2 hour ( to drop off and pick up cargo).

Archived