Haven H6 on the Joy

Onita

Well I've spent hours searching for an answer so if this is the wrong place to ask it's because I'm stupid and not for lack of trying. Getting an Aft suite (H6), on the Joy and deck 9 is open on all the cruises we're looking at, any idea why? Noise, room size, distance from the Haven? Any insight would be helpful.

Lucky I guess.[emoji4] Other then the walk and having to go up several decks to the Haven I think you'll luv it especially with the widest H6 balcony and awesome views![emoji41] We're on the Bliss deck 9 on our next and can't wait.[emoji57][emoji106]

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, *Luv2Cruz* said:

Lucky I guess.emoji4.png Other then the walk and having to go up several decks to the Haven I think you'll luv it especially with the widest H6 balcony and awesome views!emoji41.png We're on the Bliss deck 9 on our next and can't wait.emoji57.pngemoji106.png

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Thank You, I'm feeling lucky and I'll be booking it tonight. Enjoy your next cruise.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, disneylover89 said:

Deck 8 is public space.  Most people want a cabin that has cabins above and below them. Less noise. I also believe smoking is permitted at the Waterfront, starboard side so the smell from that can also be a reason since its only 1 deck up

Thank you. We're actually upgrading our cabin selection to the Haven as a reward for my husbands 1 year anniversary of quitting his smoking habit. I'm sure he would love some smoke wafting towards him.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Onita said:

Thank you. We're actually upgrading our cabin selection to the Haven as a reward for my husbands 1 year anniversary of quitting his smoking habit. I'm sure he would love some smoke wafting towards him.

Smoking isn't allowed in any area that is near the H6 balcony. However, in the actual Haven area, smoking is allowed in the forward-most section of the sundeck.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Onita said:

Getting an Aft suite (H6), on the Joy and deck 9 is open on all the cruises we're looking at, any idea why? Noise, room size, distance from the Haven? Any insight would be helpful.

Deck 9 has the largest aft-facing balcony.

Noise isn't likely to be a problem. Most people like to hear the sound of the wake. During docking and when the crew is pressure washing the Waterfront, there could be some noise. At night, the noise from Spice H2O won't be a problem. During the day, the Waterfront is quiet. The aft view is a bit better the higher you go, IMO.

Stateroom size is the same as others with Configuration A (bedroom near balcony).

To get to the Haven complex, I suggest walking all the way forward past the aft elevators to the forward elevators then go up to deck 17.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Rsavtechcruise said:

Just curious why would you walk past the aft elevators that are less crowed to go all the way forward elevators that are more crowed due to more being fwd ( observation lounge buffet and theater )

If you take the aft elevators to deck 17, you have to "run the gauntlet" through the crowds to get to the Haven. It's easier to go forward through the (usually) empty hallway then go up.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, disneylover89 said:

Deck 8 is public space.  Most people want a cabin that has cabins above and below them. Less noise. I also believe smoking is permitted at the Waterfront, starboard side so the smell from that can also be a reason since its only 1 deck up

The dining room is on Deck 8, so there will be limited noise after dinner service. So that is not a problem. 

And there is NO smoking on the waterfront. So that is also not a problem. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Rsavtechcruise said:

Just curious why would you walk past the aft elevators that are less crowed to go all the way forward elevators that are more crowed due to more being fwd ( observation lounge buffet and theater )

just curious

Also, only half of the elevators go up to deck 17 for some reason that's above my pay grade. I think it's the bank on the Starboard side. You'll know if you get in the wrong one because there is no "17" to press!