Drink package sales/ using RC credit

Hi all!

So, I've decided the drink package is something we want on our upcoming cruise. I've seen that Royal makes it exciting by changing the price day to day - (so annoying.)

I've seen people say to buy when it's at a price point you can live with, keep checking back, and if it drops to cancel and rebuy at the lower price. Ok. I get that (even more annoying but I like my money.)

What I'm curious about is this- we have $75 credit (doesn't say OBC) and when I applied to the purchase of the drink package, it indeed was applied, therefore package reduced by that amount. If I find a better priced day, and do the return, and rebuy, will that credit still be mine or will I forfeit it? I know the money will be back on my card in a few days, if I get the credit back, does it come back immediately? 

And here I thought the "Free at Sea" / Sail Away math gymnastics of Norwegian was annoying.

TIA!!

I cancelled and re-booked DX & refreshment packages yesterday due to a price drop with RC customer service.  Onboard credit was refunded immediately and they were able to use it when re-booking right away.  Same has always gone for ones we did online.

• Like 1