Help! Can anyone tell me the Dive Excursion times?

aururab

I am diving on the 7 day Tahiti Iti cruise on Feb 8, and I need to know the times of the dives so that I can schedule some excursions with outside companies.

While I know that it could change between sailings, could anyone that has access to their excursions tell me the times for each dive in Bora Bora and Moorea? 

Aurab - No one is going to be able to confirm this for you with any certainty.  If you make your outside excursions for the afternoon you should be fine.  Although you may be able to confirm certain dives and times on PG before you cruise, the schedule is fluid and may change based upon now many new divers on board, dive conditions, etc. 

I know, I was more just curious what dive sites are currently or have previously been offered each day. Will probably do two dives one morning, and a snorkeling tour the other morning and it is a bit of a challenge to figure out without the times/days listed for each excursion. 

Obviously with changing conditions that could be rearranged, just looking to see what is typical. 

Unless they have changed the timing, specific dives and times are available for booking 60 days out so in about a month for you. Again, times and dates may change by the time you are on board but if you have reserved you’re clear. You can always cancel without penalty( ask when you call but I believe within 24 hours.) Looks like your itinerary has only one day in moorea; although 4 dives are described the sites are all within apx 500 meters of each other; some difference in formations but same pelegics/fish etc. if whatever you were wanting to do was there; just reserve whichever is the 8am dive  that day (assuming you’re  not flying home Fri night per pressure table). Bora bora is more complicated. 3 completely different dives. Toopua  inside reef... like an aquarium.. tapu outside and Anau which is inside but on the other side of the Mt. the manta rays kept their distance from us (see some spectacular vid on YouTube where the flocked  around divers) but the ride around the island added to the fun. If choosing 1 would do Tapu. You’re in BB for 2 days; don’t miss the motu there.

hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions

Dive both days and spend an afternoon at the Borabora  motu with my snorkel gear. The are several coral heads there. Also bring your gear to tahaa motu picnic. See TBKs previous posts with aerial showing best spots. We have done all sorts of snorkel excursions in BB; nothing beats diving. Happy planning!

Have to slightly disagree with Sita.  I would dive one day and snorkel the other.  Seeing the entire lagoon from the snorkel excursion is spectacular. If you only dive you will see very little of the lagoon.  Pure Snorkeling has a great trip which I recommend.  I guess you could dive in the morning and do a snorkel excursion in the afternoon as another option.

while the motu on Bora Bora is gorgeous the lack of shade and the lack of chairs, for us, meant a short visit.  The snorkeling there is mediocre as compared to other sites in the lagoon.

FlightMedic555, I was leaning that way as well, my challenge is planning which morning to do the snorkeling tour in advance of knowing which dives are scheduled on each day. While they could change, I was just curious if anyone could tell me the names of the dives on each day for another schedule. 

This is from out 11 night cruise this past August.

Day 1 Bora Bora 8:00 am dive called Tapu - outer reef

Day 1 Bora Bora 10:00 am dive called Toopua - eagle Taylor

Day 2 Bora Bora 8:00 am dive called Tapu - outer reef

Day 2 Bora Bora 10:00 am dive called Anau - manta Ray

Day 1 Moorea 8:00 am dive called The Ledges - turtles, black tip sharks

Day 1 Moorea 10:00 am dive called Shark Gallery - black tip sharks

Day 2 Moorea 8:00 am dive called The Canyons - lemon shark, black tip sharks

Day 2 Moorea 10:00 am dive called Rotui - black tip sharks

i did Tapu on Bora Bora and The Ledges in Moorea 

I would not do the manta dive.  The water is not Crystal clear, relatively shallow, and no guarantee that you will see the mantas.  I would do a snorkel with Pure Snorkeling which stops in the same location to see the mantas.  I have gone with them 7 times and  have seen the mantas 4 times.  Their other snorkel stops are great. 

I agree that seeing the mantas is the top of our list as well.  Snorkeling above them is very similar to being on the bottom and watching them (the divers have to stay on the bottom and observe).  Diving negative is that they may not be present during your dive.  The snorkel gave us the opportunity to both see the mantas (at least we saw them 4 out of 7 times) and also to circumnavigate the lagoon with multiple other snorkel stops.