Carnival Imagination Dry Dock 10-31-19

TOMTOMRN331

We are sailing on the Imagination from Long Beach 12-1-19. 

I am curious if anyone is sailing on her after her dry docks end 11-2-2019 and if you could post any noticeable differences or if they are just cosmetic/cleaning upgrades. 

Thank you in advance. 

We also sail Nov 10th! But I've never been on the Imagination before, so I would have no clue what was new/refurbed and what was not changed? I am curious as to what all they changed too though. and excited we managed to get on a ship after this happened! Twice on Princess we were the last sailing BEFORE the dry dock and they changed everything. Everything was still nice but we were bummed to miss out on the new things. 

Glad to hear she's going to get some work done... she sadly needs it. We sailed on her September 30th and noticed a lot of duct tape on carpets, and as I had posted earlier on another thread, very strong sewer smells that followed us around and issues with toilets flushing. 

Hope she's shiny and new for y'all!

Here is a reply from someone who sailed this past week and posted in a roll call

Posted in Carnival Imagination November 3, 2019

10 hours ago, TOMTOMRN331 said:

Welcome back - I hope you had a great time. I read a few boards that indicated it was minor cosmetic upgrades, but I am curious on your take. 

Mostly, yes. Starting with a paint job. The whale tail looked very bright and shiny - as did most of the exterior. New lighting in a lot of places. Check out the hallways, cool fixtures. New carpet in many of the public areas. It was pretty evident as there were a LOT of “fiber bunnies” all over the place. Vacuuming couldn’t keep up. 😁. It’s been a while since I had been to the mini golf area, but it looked like some new exercise equipment had been installed. My bed felt new, as did my pillows. Neither had any signs of being even the least little bit broken down. The pillows were excellently firm (not hard, just full and cushioned). New furniture in many areas. The new chairs in the Lido buffet area are both attractive and comfortable. 

And, of course, the Bonsai Express. Well, it wasn’t much of a change actually. I thought they’d add the restaurant like so many ships have... all they did was just add a little to the “taste booth” that was already there. You order, they give you a pager, you come get your food when ready, then you basically take your food to go. 

Overall, it was very nice. There are obviously a few places where she still needs work... heck, she’s almost 25 years old and has had around 6 million people living on her (and not always in a careful way...). But she looks good and was very comfortable. I was very pleased.

Bob
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

We brought my daughters friend who was there before the changes and he was pleased to see them. He said the carpets in common areas looked fresh and everything looked like it had a slight facelift so to speak. He said he also noticed the way the plate the food is different now as well! Everything looked pretty fresh! 

20191217_204214.jpg

20191218_205235.jpg

20191218_093029.jpg

79697027_1035991660086491_1925548097811775488_n.jpg

79825209_589750645172812_5620194792509014016_n.jpg

• Like 1