You snooze you lose....twice

KarlChilders

Booked on the Getaway out of NO back in Feb for a Dec sailing.  A month or so ago, I noticed on a Friday that the spa balconies had dropped to just about $50 more than we paid.  Planned to call Sat morning to see about upgrading.  By the time I called Sat morning, it had dropped again and was now cheaper than what we paid, so they wouldn't let us book it as it was no longer an "upgrade". They offered to move us no charge to a mini suite, but we didn't want to give up our angled balcony.  Kept watching the prices on our category drop, it got to about $800 less than we booked, so I planned to call and see if they would do the OBC offer.  Got busy with work and couldn't call for a couple of days and now our category is sold out, so when I called they said nothing they could do.  Oh, well! 

Edited by KarlChilders

That is a good reminder of how fast pricing and availability can change.  If one sees a deal, grab it just as fast as you can.  Of course, sometimes life gets in the way and we just cannot interrupt our real lives to attend to our cruise lives at the drop of a hat (or cruise price).  Have a wonderful time anyway.

39 minutes ago, Starry Eyes said:

That is a good reminder of how fast pricing and availability can change.  If one sees a deal, grab it just as fast as you can.  Of course, sometimes life gets in the way and we just cannot interrupt our real lives to attend to our cruise lives at the drop of a hat (or cruise price).  Have a wonderful time anyway.

Oh we will have a great time, I'm sure.  I also cost us over $100 on flights by listening to a former travel agent/friend instead of my wife on when to book the flights.  But we are celebrating our 28th, so I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time she has gotten to say "I told you so!" 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

8 minutes ago, fastpitchdad said:

Is there another higher level cabin available at a reduced price like a Haven Spa Suite? 

all sold out, the one that is higher is the Aft large balcony but it is still about 400 more than we paid, not sure that is worth it to me.

4 hours ago, KarlChilders said:

Oh we will have a great time, I'm sure.  I also cost us over $100 on flights by listening to a former travel agent/friend instead of my wife on when to book the flights.  But we are celebrating our 28th, so I'm pretty sure this isn't the first time she has gotten to say "I told you so!" 😉

Yeah, I’ve made plenty of mistakes like that booking airfare I’ve the years, too.  I know I cannot catch the lowest price every time, but I still don’t like it.  First world problems, as they say.  Congratulations on the 28th...way more important than the $.