To Walt & Laura - Newsletter Pop Up

theawesome1

Stop the pop up newsletter, or do not email it to me. Once is enough. Everytime I log on to read posts & have to get the newsletter that isn't news anymore in the way.

TURN IT OFF! It is becoming SPAM.

My logo: When we disembark, I just have to book another!

Do what we do and skip the home page. Go to the boards and bookmark the page in your browser. Fortunately, no popups there. Still has news but some of the things on the homepage are missing. Still better than that popup. When we say no, we really mean no.

George & MaryBeth

The newsletter pop-up is very annoying! I suppose that I could bookmark the boards page like raudacruise suggested, but I do like to glance at the homepage to see what is new.

Celebrity Infinity 9/5/04 (I can't wait! Woohoo!)

Celebrity Mercury 6/12/98

I agree with the annoyance not to mention the time to load on my Apple IIc. I also understand that the Web site is free and everybody needs to make a buck somehow. The problem is the folks around here are too cheap to purchase a subscription, so no need to keep asking. My gosh, we whine about having to pay a buck 50 for a coke! icon_eek.gif

With Compassion for others we build...we fight for peace and freedom

Alternately you can get a pop-up blocker or use an alternate browser such as Mozilla.

I was a bit confused as to what the poster was talking about until I realized that I have pop-up blockers everywhere!

Actually, I set icons on my desktop to the pages I read most frequently -- even to the last page of certain threads that I check very regularly. To go from one to another of my "regulars," I just minimize what I'm reading and then click on the next icon. Or I back out by clicking on (say) Cruise Lines "A - O" and then on the next page I want to check out.

I seldom look at the home page except when I have a lot of time available and, as someone noted, want to see what's new. There are ads on the pages I read anyhow, but not popups, so I avoid at least some of the distraction and delay.

I use IE on the desktop (primarily because I haven't converted the default to Mozilla -- yet) and Mozilla is the default on the laptop, though IE is available if I need it.

George, thanks for the reminder that the link might break. Quite right. I've accumulated so many at various times that I do have to update sometimes.

S

S&J

8-19 July 2002 Celebrity Galaxy

Dec 1990 Royal Caribbean Nordic Empress

I normally just go to the store, but no one ever wants to buy my hats, so I just come here to torment you guys!

This ship 10/91

That ship 11/95

Whatever ship 12/98

here a ship 13/99

there a ship 14/00

everywhere

a

ship ship 15/05

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Host Walt:

Mozilla can work, but be sure you don't block your ability to post replies.

Walt Tuthill

Cruise Board Moderator

Contact at Shiptender@aol.com

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Good point, Walt. I seldom have any problems with wanted pop-ups not popping up but it has confused me once or twice.

You can tell Mozilla to allow pop ups from selected web sites so if you want pop ups and don't get them, all you have to do is tell the program.

I have all the message boards that I'm interested in bookmarked, BUT!

If you want to read neat things like the Virtual Cruise that's being updated daily, you can only find it on the home page.

The thing I like the best about the Virtual cruise is that it is a realistic review - touches on the strengths and the weaknesses that every cruise DOES have!

Keep 'em coming.

Costa Riviera 6/91

Regent Sun 8/92

Neui Amsterdam 10/95- NCL Seaward 8/96

Royal Odyssey 10/96 & 4/97

NCL Crown 4/98

Commodore 9/00

NCL Wind 11/00

HAL Statendam 1/02 Rhapsody of the Sea 5/02

Princess Golden 8/30/02 Millenium 10/14/03

Constellation 8/26/04 Constellation 9/7/04

Oceania Insignia 1/18/05