Another unlimited dining package question

Straughn

I have searched, researched,  and read all the info I can find on the unlimited dining,package. The info on the website is generic and doesn’t address my questions. I am on Mariner for a four night cruise. The website lists Chops, Jamie’s Italian and Izumi. Izumi appears to be a la carte. If I understand correctly, that means I get a $35 credit against what ever I order. There appears to  two options-hibachi and dinner at Izumi. What is the difference? 

I understand that lunch on our one sea day is included. What about embarkation day? I have read comments where people said they ate lunch  that day, in a specialty restaurant, as part of the package. However, embarkation day lunch is not listed in the package description.

Any clarification you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Well I haven’t used it on Mariner, I did use the plan on Harmony. Embarkation lunch was included. For Izumi - the sushi side is ala carte so you get a $35 credit. For the hibachi on Harmony it covered one protein and you had to pay an upgrade to get the combo. I hope that helps!

On ‎10‎/‎31‎/‎2019 at 5:58 PM, mickeygirl78 said:

Well I haven’t used it on Mariner, I did use the plan on Harmony. Embarkation lunch was included. For Izumi - the sushi side is ala carte so you get a $35 credit. For the hibachi on Harmony it covered one protein and you had to pay an upgrade to get the combo. I hope that helps!

Just last week on Harmony, it no longer fully covered single-protein Hibachi at dinner. It covered $35, and since one protein is $45 or two are $49, you would need to pay a $10-14 to upgrade for dinner. Lunch pricing is $35/39, so at lunch it covered one protein, but to upgrade to two proteins was $4. (To get around the $10-14 dinner upgrade charge, we ate Hibachi for lunch and sushi for dinner. The lunch and dinner menus are the same, other than Hibachi being $10 cheaper at lunch, and we got plenty of sushi, sides, and soups for $35 each at dinner.)

Chops and Jamie's are cover charge restaurants, so it would cover your full meal except for the seafood tower or lobster upgrades at Chops.

Also on Harmony last week, we were told at Chops (while making all our reservations for the week) that embarkation day lunch was not included because we had 3 sea days. Others on our Roll Call reported being able to get lunch on embarkation day and all of the sea days.

One final comment - we were not allowed to use UDP for the upcharge chicken wings/French fries on Coco Cay.

Edited by BTHodgeman