List of tender ports?

Trulee Scrumptious

It can depend when you are travelling and whether other ships are visiting on the same day. Ships dock in Stavanger and it is a 2 minute stroll into town. Andalsnes can be a tender port, we will be there at the end of this month and as the only ship visiting I am expecting us to tie up alongside. Romsdalsfjord is not a port and your ‘visit’ will be a scenic cruise down the fjord. I have not been to Narvik, I think it is a bit like Andalsnes and dependent on demand (which appears to be quite light) and you will dock in a Tromso (more accurately about 3 miles outside the city). Tendering in Norway is quite easy because the fjords do not have the potential for rough seas like places such as Monte Carlo and Guernsey.

Edited by pete14
Addition

10 minutes ago, pete14 said:

It can depend when you are travelling and whether other ships are visiting on the same day. Ships dock in Stavanger and it is a 2 minute stroll into town. Andalsnes can be a tender port, we will be there at the end of this month and as the only ship visiting I am expecting us to tie up alongside. Romsdalsfjord is not a port and your ‘visit’ will be a scenic cruise down the fjord. I have not been to Narvik, I think it is a bit like Andalsnes and dependent on demand (which appears to be quite light) and you will dock in a Tromso (more accurately about 3 miles outside the city). Tendering in Norway is quite easy because the fjords do not have the potential for rough seas like places such as Monte Carlo and Guernsey.

Thanks very much for the info Pete - can you tell I'm new to this!!

1 hour ago, Trulee Scrumptious said:

Thanks very much for the info Pete - can you tell I'm new to this!!

We all have to start sometime, you will soon be addicted like the rest of us. When are you planning on going to Norway?

14 minutes ago, Trulee Scrumptious said:

Late October 2021 - without checking cant remember whether its Arcadia or Azura|!!!

An excellent choice if you don’t mind the cold. When we went there in winter a few years ago, there were some who didn’t realise it would be cold and didn’t take appropriate clothes and footwear. They spent most of their time inside in the warm when we and many others were outside in order to get the best of the Northern Lights experience.

Edited by pete14
Addition

14 minutes ago, Trulee Scrumptious said:

Late October 2021 - without checking cant remember whether its Arcadia or Azura|!!!

October 28th 2021 on Arcadia, as we have booked this cruise last week.

Booking confirmation lists Andalsnes as a possible tender, nothing noted on the rest of the ports.

6 minutes ago, pete14 said:

An excellent choice if you don’t mind the cold. When we went there in winter a few years ago, there were some who didn’t realise it would be cold and didn’t take appropriate clothes and footwear. They spent most of their time inside in the warm when we and many others were outside in order to get the best of the Northern Lights experience.

We were in New York this last March Pete - absolutely freezing - fleeces under jackets and thermal gloves etc., but it was glorious - don't mind the cold as long as its anticipated!!!