Encore - Live 11/2

TheDougOut

8 minutes ago, EmeraldCoastCruisers said:

This may be a silly question, but we’ve been to Cagney’s 3-4 times on other ships and never knew you could get lobster with your steak!  Is that only on the Encore now or all NCL with Cagney’s?  I learn something new each cruise (or post of cruises). 

I believe the lobster options returned a few weeks/months back on most (all?) ships.

What fun this cruise was.  I know I'm not the only one that wishes they were with that group of somewhat crazy people.  I do believe there would  be a good chance my liver would be yelling at me so maybe it's for the best I wasn't on board.  🙂

• Like 4

9 hours ago, #55worktoplay said:

How did you all ever coordinate the matching outfits online prior.

Did you split the LCR games into groups?  I can’t imagine all those seats being one group.

The accidental matching outfits were a result of Amazon’s limited selections.

Both LCR games were split into two, with around 30-35 participants in each. 

Thank you for taking time from your vacation to post and allow those of us impatiently awaiting our next cruise to enjoy the festivities!  

You and your fellow planners planned an amazing week and it was obvious how much time and effort, not to mention expense, went into the planning and execution. 

Wish the weather had been more cooperative and that you weren't hitting up against a holiday impacting customs on your last day! 

Safe trip home to all

angela

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, EmeraldCoastCruisers said:

This may be a silly question, but we’ve been to Cagney’s 3-4 times on other ships and never knew you could get lobster with your steak!  Is that only on the Encore now or all NCL with Cagney’s?  I learn something new each cruise (or post of cruises). 

We had the steak and lobster on the Sun last month so it must be fleet wide at this point.

• Like 1

Do you expect NCL will close all the bars around 7PM to insure passengers proceed to Customs & Immigrations? How about the buffet and restaurants? I'm sure they want to get everyone off and through the process quickly and not give passengers a reason to hang back as long as possible.

32 minutes ago, atanac said:

Do you expect NCL will close all the bars around 7PM to insure passengers proceed to Customs & Immigrations? How about the buffet and restaurants? I'm sure they want to get everyone off and through the process quickly and not give passengers a reason to hang back as long as possible.

No idea, really.  The upper Haven decks weren’t even listed on the procedures to follow.  The concierge told us to either get off first and enjoy the city, or hang back and get off last for a quicker turnaround.

well good luck in NYC to DougOut and all the others. Too bad the weather was not so good.  I can't understand why the silly laser tag is under the open air.  Very odd.  To me the NCL Escape is still the better ship than Encore.  

Must be exciting to be dumped off the ship on a Chilly Sunday evening for 4 hours and then get back on and try and sleep for 6 hours only to have to get off again.  What a shame and uncalled for.  I see the ship on Cruisemapper and I guess it has to waited for a spot to come in otherwise it would have made sense to come in earlier.  But other ships in port I see.

Feel bad for those having later dinner plans on the ship and I guess the entertainers will be happy to have the night off.

Still NCL should have kept the original plan and taken the ship to Miami.  I guess they wanted the media attention so one day Encore could replace Escape.  Then again, Encore is going to Alaska in 2021.  Who knows but NCL is becoming rather baffling these days.  Can't wait to see the next builds for new ships that I think will look like MSC Seaside.

• Like 2

First I want to Thank you for all your pictures and post.  It has been fun following along on this amazing trip.  Ours is over a year away and I am already excited.  Enjoy your last night on the ship even with having to deal with customs.  I'm sure all of you will have some fun.

I see on Ship Tracker you are close to NYC so hopefully you will get into port early, get through customs quickly, and get back on to enjoy the ship.  Thank you again and safe travels

Screen Shot 2019-11-10 at 1.23.11 PM.png

• Like 1

On 11/9/2019 at 1:47 PM, TheDougOut said:

Team USA talking strategy before the 2 PM tee time...

3C03BD4B-8F5B-4D0C-9E06-A12BFEA5B2D0.thumb.jpeg.d36f15fe0c252386702b15c1067f0c85.jpeg

8D12459C-F83E-4D22-A15A-FC16AA75C8B3.thumb.jpeg.438285b5c6729f68361074a8ca2f3074.jpeg

89173B88-EEE6-4540-BC17-8503758E78F0.thumb.jpeg.46cd686d2c50ad9af394780b7744ba2f.jpeg

Would love to hear what exactly this is ... Never mind - I figured it out! How fun and intoxicating!

Edited by Suna

6 minutes ago, Suna said:

Would love to hear what exactly this is ...

Stupidity... pure stupidity.

We raced through 9 bars in about 30 minutes, consuming a drink in each.  16 people ended up with the perfect score of 17 strokes.  

I ended up having 4 beers, two shots of vodka, 3 shots of tequila with a tomato juice chaser, and one shot of dark rum. 

Edited by TheDougOut
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1