Porters at the terminal

L751

Easier to do it the other way round?

Pull in at the ‘hole in the wall’, hand over your luggage; mobility-impaired passengers certainly step out and head for the downstairs departure area, with their hand luggage; other car passengers decide whether to alight or whether to stay in the car with the driver; car goes to *new place*, driver deals with CPS;  driver walks, empty-handed, the short distance back to departures meet up with rest of party

Having typed that it feels that everyone but the driver should step out at the hole in the wall, with all the hand luggage

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, eddie11 said:

Easier to do it the other way round?

Pull in at the ‘hole in the wall’, hand over your luggage; mobility-impaired passengers certainly step out and head for the downstairs departure area, with their hand luggage; other car passengers decide whether to alight or whether to stay in the car with the driver; car goes to *new place*, driver deals with CPS;  driver walks, empty-handed, the short distance back to departures meet up with rest of party

Having typed that it feels that everyone but the driver should step out at the hole in the wall, with all the hand luggage

Are you allowed to do that though, under the old system all CPS parkers were ushered to a separate queue, is it not the same?

I don’t know for certain, TJ.

That is what I have taken from the posts I have read

If CPS customers are automatically ushered *to the new place*, I think I might try to buck the system, drive in as an ‘independent’, do the drop-off and then find the CPS sticker to put in the windscreen before heading to the official spot

Anyway, I don’t know the new system for sure, and we no longer use CPS anyway (though I liked it when we did), so I’ll butt out of this conversation and allow others with experience of the new system to answer with some certainty 

• Like 2