any GREAT snorkeling in Nassau ?

tinkerbell1951

I have not been snorkeling there yet - but have an all day planned at Rose Island for February 12th - cannot wait. snorkeling supposed to be awesome here.

I plan a detailed excursion review with many pics when we get home on the 17th. You can walk right in from the beach:

montage.jpg

The Coral reefs begin only 15ft from our beautiful beach and extend to a bountiful barrier reef some 200ft away; all teeming with rainbow colors from the fish and coral. Because the reefs are so close and numerous it makes it the ideal snorkeling haven for beginners and experts alike. The snorkeling excursion includes all equipment, instructions (if needed), and a guided tour of the coral reef by our experienced and friendly instructors.

Thanks to Betty and Diva for their input. You guys are great ! :)

Tinkerbell - you are welcome. When are you going to Nassau?

I will have plenty of pics to show you when we get back from Rose Island and also will be going to Pearl and hopefully Athol Island during my week stay.

• 2 weeks later...

Rose Island is a great way to spend the day. Many people recommend Sea Island Adventures for a day trip. It includes lunch and snorkel equipment for around $60. I had booked with them, but the day we were supposed to go, they cancelled. Still, Crystal, the operator, was nice enough to meet us at the bus stop and let us know. SeaIslandAdventures.com comes highly recommended.

We alternately took a full day sail to Rose Island with Barefoot Sailing cruises. The cost was $89 per person. It was awesome! The snorkeling was fantastic. We snorkeled off Rose Island, the coral is close to shore..about 20-40 feet depending on tide. Our captain anchored right off the island. We had a BBQ lunch cooked by him and then we sailed to another cove and snorkeled some more. The leftover bread from lunch really brought the fish around. A great day was had by all.

HI Betty, I am just wondering if you are back and if so do you mind giving us some feedback on Rose Island? Any pictures would be great too, we are leaving tomorrow!!!

I'm not Betty, but I have a couple of pics from our visit 01/06. I will post them, but have to resize pretty small, unfortunately.

RoseIsland1.jpg.b88ef24fa54aa1ad69ec7eb64a3ad1c4.jpg

RoseIsland2.jpg.089d803b283d1bf9c0ee79890aa5a1d7.jpg

ViewFromRoseIsland3.jpg.03f2c85846d932509cc152e2063544ac.jpg

Thanks so much for your replies! Having checked them both out, Barefoot looks smaller and more personal, more tailored to our needs. If we take a half day cruise, we still have time to take in the beautiful Ardastra gardens. Don't want to miss any of Nassau's natural beauty.

Archived