LOCAL CRAFT SHOPS

grammyprf

On and off there are local artisans displaying their wares along Paseo La Princesa, just west of the docks.  If they're not there during your POC, there's a store on Fortaleza street called, literally, Puerto Rican Arts and Crafts.  There are many other stores, but this one serves as sort of an outlet for many independent local artisans, so it is not like I am recommending a specific business (I am a local and CC rules forbid it).

Overall, shopping is great around Old San Juan, and by exploring Fortaleza, San Francisco and Cristo streets you will find many opportunities.  It is all perfectly safe.

And yes, you will also find many tourist traps that sell junk made in the orient, so be on the lookout for that.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Aviator of the Seas said:

On and off there are local artisans displaying their wares along Paseo La Princesa, just west of the docks.  If they're not there during your POC, there's a store on Fortaleza street called, literally, Puerto Rican Arts and Crafts.  There are many other stores, but this one serves as sort of an outlet for many independent local artisans, so it is not like I am recommending a specific business (I am a local and CC rules forbid it).

Overall, shopping is great around Old San Juan, and by exploring Fortaleza, San Francisco and Cristo streets you will find many opportunities.  It is all perfectly safe.

And yes, you will also find many tourist traps that sell junk made in the orient, so be on the lookout for that.

Thanks so much!