Nelson's shipyard, Shirley's Heights and Half Moon Bay Beach?

London Cruisers

Hi everyone,

The information on this site is awesome in assisting our plans for our upcoming cruise-thank you all.

My question: Can we, a family of 5 adults, hire a taxi to take us to Nelson's and Shirley's followed by a stop at Half Moon Bay Beach? We arrive at 11 and depart at 7:00.

Is this doable? Any advice, guidance or tips is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

• 4 weeks later...

Yes, this would be quite practical.  However....despite what others say, Half Moon is way down my list of favourites.  There are absolutely no facilities there other than the ruins of a resort hotel destroyed in a hurricane years ago.  On one of my visits, the sand was very narrow, only about six feet wide.  You might want to consider this:  Nelson's Dockyard, Shirley Heights then take a drive through Fig Tree Drive to Turner's Beach.  From there it is straight up the coast back to your ship.

Thanks Fairgarth! I considered this as well but was hoping for a more secluded beach. How long ago did you visit with such a small beach? You have got me rethinking this for sure.

We plan on eating lunch at Half Moon and hopefully then we could use their facilities.

Anymore info is most appreciated.

Cheers.

Last time I was at Half Moon was three to four years ago.  There are no facilities there, nothing.  It's secluded all right, you'll have it to yourself.  Maybe you meant lunch at Shirley Heights?  Turner's is very large so could take a lot of people without feeling crowded.  As you head south from the cruise terminal, it is the last beach on the west coast and lots of folk don't want to go that far.  Mind you, it's all relative.  The whole island is only 10mi x 10mi.