Goodie Bag distribution??

rara0508

Why not bring them up to the pool deck and ask everyone to join you for the sailaway party? Then they get the bags at the beginning of the cruise, and you don't have to worry about the logistics of getting the bags in the rooms ahead of time.

Or, you can visit each person in their room and deliver the gifts.

Guess it depends on how many you have to hand out :)

We thought about that. We have a grand suite so we thought about having a sailaway party on our balcony or jsut having everyone check in with us once they get on board. That way we know we have every one with us.

You are sailing the same time we are. Which day are you getting married and where?

We're getting married on March 8th on Paradise beach (near Atlantis) in the Bahamas! :) You??

I just finished printing out and assembling the luggage tags that we are giving everyone... Yikes! I am going to be crafting up a storm in the next month if I am getting every idea I have on my list done... lol

Carrievision--

How did you do your luggage tags? I would like to put some together myself but have no idea how to go about it. Any suggestions?

I just bought luggage tags and made a custom card that goes in the slot where you put the address. I got the luggage tags at Michaels- they were in the dollar bin! (I got pink for the girls and black for the boys.. hehe)

For the insides, I used a business card template in MS word... it happened to put everything in about the right size for the luggage tags I used. You do have to experiment with printing them out a few times to figure out the right size. I scanned the palm tree logo from our invitation, and put it on the left hand side of each card, and typed in each address.

Hope that helps! I am planning on taking a picture of them before I mail them out, so I'll give a link to the picture. :)

Carrie

When we were married on the Caribbean Princess the Cabin Stewards delivered ours (coordinated with the onboard wedding coordinator) and everything went just fine, we had enough to worry about and didn't want to run around delivering the bags. That seemed to work out fine for us.

I got some luggage tags from Meijer. They are clear laminate tags - you put a piece of paper between then and press together and it seals around the papaer. It also has a plastic band to attach to your suitcase. I printed out a brightly colored name & address for everyone then made into tags.

thanks Carrie! I would love to see pics when you're done. Will you send them to your guests with invites or just by themselves?

I started a new thread for wedding crafts (with the photos of my luggage tags) here: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=295060

Another thought just occurred to me for distributing the goody bags. If they are not too big and everyone is sitting together at dinner, maybe the waiter could place them at the tables before dinner time (or maybe they'd let you sneak in early to do it.. ) :cool:

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! I have a question about goodie bags. How are you bringing them onboard? Do you count them as your carry on? We have 41 guests coming with us, I wouldn't be able to bring a regular carry on if I carried the goodie bags. Any ideas?

J & J's mommy

I think we're going to pack our goody bag contents in one of our HUGE suitcases with our clothes and other wedding stuff - check them, and then assemble them when they get to our room. (We're only going on a 4-day cruise for the wedding - so the huge suitcase wouldn't be necessary normally... ) Maybe you can get a big suitcase or duffle bag to put the stuff in? Gives you some room for your souveniers on the way home :)

If you're getting married in the departure port.... I'm pretty sure you are allowed as much carry-on luggage as you can carry! Maybe you can divide the goody bags into a few boxes or big shopping bags and have a few other people help you carry the stuff on?

I guess it depends on how much you have. We have about 20 favors, but everything for each person fits in a 4x5" gift bag.

I think we're going to pack our goody bag contents in one of our HUGE suitcases with our clothes and other wedding stuff - check them, and then assemble them when they get to our room. (We're only going on a 4-day cruise for the wedding - so the huge suitcase wouldn't be necessary normally... ) Maybe you can get a big suitcase or duffle bag to put the stuff in? Gives you some room for your souveniers on the way home :)

If you're getting married in the departure port.... I'm pretty sure you are allowed as much carry-on luggage as you can carry! Maybe you can divide the goody bags into a few boxes or big shopping bags and have a few other people help you carry the stuff on?

I guess it depends on how much you have. We have about 20 favors, but everything for each person fits in a 4x5" gift bag.

Carrievison

We are sailing on an 8 day cruise, day 6 is the renewal. The idea for packing in one suitcase is great but I am afraid we will not have enough room. We are in an inside cabin with 2 children (4 and 6 year old). I am already worried about space just for the 4 of us! lol! I like the idea of having others helping out too.

Did you do individual bags or one for each cabin? We have 15 cabins so I guess I could pack that way.

J & J's mommy

Archived