Captain Marvin's Cancellation Policy?

kcmom

Hello all. I booked a stingray excursion with Captain Marvin, but after reading on the boards, I'm afraid that we won't make it in time. We are scheduled to arrive at 7:00 and we are supposed to meet the Captain Marvin people at 8:00. We are sailing Carnival, so we won't have priority in getting off the boat.

I have found that Sotos has a tour that runs from 9:30 - 11:30. I would like to change, but when I went back to look at the Captain Marvin website, I am embarrassed to say that I couldn't find the cancellation policy. I looked on my confirmation email and can't find anything there either. I feel completely stupid now for not researching this better before I booked. I have emailed Sotos to ask if they have an opening.

Does anyone know the cancellation policy? Our cruise is March 27th.

kcmom

Last cruise, we were scheduled for the stingrays with Capt. Marvin's. That day they were not sending boats out due to the swells. Even though we guaranteed with a CC nothing had been charged.

Also there may be a time difference between the ship and the island. You may have more time than you think.

Just email them and tell them the situation. I don't think they charge if you cancel now. I know they don't if your ship doesn't stop, that is very clear on their site. We love Captain Marvin's and plan on going back with them in Sept. Personally I always give myself plenty of time to get off the ship when I look into booking excursion just for my own sanity.

BonVoyage

Dawna

Hi, Just wanted to say that we did this excursion last week. We just went to the Carnival Excursion room, and told them we had a private excursion, and were off on the first tender. We were 15 minutes early. I wouldn't worry about it. They had a whole group of private tours, and we all got off on the first tender. Rebecca

We also were in GC last week and were booked with Captain Marvin. You should check you paperwork because our check in was at 9:15 but the tour did not actually leave until 10:00. They have you check in 45 minutes early so they can get everyone together. We arrived at 8:00 and took the 3rd tender and were at Captain Marvin's at 9:00 so we checked in and they told us we could just come back between 9:30 and 9:45. We were also afraid that our other party would not make it there in time because they ate breakfast late but when we asked CM they said if they come late they could just put them on the next tour. You should have plenty of time so try not to stress about it...isn't that why we take vacations anyway.:)

When I called today to book the afternoon "short excursion", the woman told me that for "personal reaons" you can cancel up to 24 hours before, then she said something like, "Why would you cancel"? I laughed, but promptly said, "well, if someone in our party gets sick....." That said, I think 24 hours notice is quite reasonable. She said if our ship, the Star Princess doesn't stop or the water is too rough or the is weather bad, and they cancel the excursion, they do NOT charge you.

Hope this helps. Denise

They had us back to the pier right at 1:00 and if you tell them that before the excursion I am sure they will make sure you get back on time. Most of their business comes from cruise ships so they know what time all the ships leave. You should call and talk to them about it and I am sure you will feel better about it. If you are sailing Carnival I know that they will wait and try to find out where the missing people are. They have done that several times since we have been with them.

Captin Marvin's is very reasonable with cancelations. Last year all of the ship stingray excurtions were canceled on our Disney Crusie because of Rough waters. Captin Marvin's was still going that day. My wife decided if the seas were to rough for Disney, they were to rough for us. We called Captin Marvin's that morning, and canceled without any penalty.

i just stuffed my wallet in my backpack like everyone else

i didn't think any of the 40 other people on the boat would take my stuff

my most valuable thing was my ship card. i only had minimal cash in my wallet. leave your valuable stuff in your safe

Archived