Music for a beach wedding

rara0508

Does anyone know what the music selections are when you are having your ceremony on the Beach? Should I make my own CD and bring what I want? SOOO, with that, does anyone know of any calypso or steel drum music that is good for weddings?

Are you getting married through the cruiseline, or privately? We're going privately and have hired a steel pan performer for the ceremony. He sent me a list of songs to choose from, and said that if there was anything else I wanted I could send him sheet music and we'd work something out. At first I thought it was weird...(Pachabel's Cannon on drums?) but I downloaded some sound bytes and it's really kinda cool. We're still looking through music (J want's Meloncholy and the Infinite Sadness, SP, which although beautiful, I don't think will work..at least I don't want to list it in the program), but other than that, we are leaning towards just the standard wedding music (Cannon in D, Wedding March, etc). You can go a general google search for ""steel pan" wedding mp3" to get some ideas of how different songs will sound.

Check out http://www.tropicanasteelpan.com/music.html

We're having a steel pan band too :)

Here is a CD that has the "wedding march" on it:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000001V3U/ref=pd_sim_m_4/002-1243371-0336017?%5Fencoding=UTF8&v=glance&n=5174

I have this CD, and it is not the "here comes the bride" song, it's the tune that is usually played right after the kiss :)

Archived