Heathrow to Harwich

mrehani

Well, we found out that RCI won't transfer you after 11:30 am, and our flight gets in at 11:45 am. Our TA tried to convince them that the time is close enough, but they wouldn't budge.:( The prices were good for RCI transfers $85 each, which is what made it so attractive to use. Any good, reliable (reasonable) service we could use to still get us there in time. We are booked on the Jewel May 26 Baltic cruise. How long does it take to get to port- hate to cut it too close.

• 1 month later...

Mrehani - we're on the same ship! Be sure to go to Roll Call and let our fellow passengers know you'll be joining us! Also, don't forget to register for the Meet & Mingle Party. Look forward to meeting you!

Any chance you could fly in the day before? I'm a Nervous Nellie, and don't trust the timeliness of flights.

Good luck!

If you are adventurous, you can take a train from Heathrow to Liverpool Street Station (You might have to transfer at Victoria Station?). Then you take a 'boat train' directly from Liverpool St. Station to Harwich, which drops you right at the pier.

No problem with managing your luggage from Liverpool St. Station on; but unless there's a direct train from Heathrow to there, you'll be on the regular underground and it's a bit dodgy with lots of luggage.

The underground and the train as Travelgirl mentioned is doable. The train from Liverpool station is fast and comfortable. We took it both ways when we were visiting our English friends in a village near Chelmsford which is probably 5 miles from Harwich. However, the fact that RCI won't do a transfer for you tells me that you are desparately too late to comfortably get to the port. If you can change your flight arrangements to arrive the day before you will be so much better off. If you can't I would definitely consider a private car hire for the transfer and it will cost more than RCIs. The problem with the train is I am not sure how often it runs from Liverpool station, and you could be waiting a bit which would be a killer on an already tight schedule. We really loved the underground on our trip in 2004. If you do the train you will need easy to handle luggage and not too much, getting to and from one train to another can involve a lot of walking, and in your case carrying.

jc:)

The train to Harwich International is a good advice in general but unfortunatly not for the OP.

With an 11:45am arrival at Heathrow I don´t see that they could make it to the port in time on the train.

I think the only way to make it to the port in time would be to hire some private transportation like limousine service.

But even then no delay should occur anywhere as the smallest delay could result in missing the ship. It´s really cutting it close and there is not very much spare time.

Without any traffic delays it´s a minimum drive of 2.5 hours from Heathrow to Harwich, but you have to have in mind that you have to get around the city of London and traffic can be crazy.

Also as already said Heathrow can be a madhouse and getting off the plane, collecting your luggage, customs and immigration, getting out of the treminal can take some extended time too.

If there is any possibility of doing it change your flight time and better fly in a day early.

Enjoy your cruise the Jewel and the itinerary are one of the best I ever did.

Archived