Royal suite on Wind

lionsfan99

Hi there - am considering splurging and booking royal suite on the Wind.  Any comments about it would be appreciated?   Extra perks with suite?   Champagnes etc...

Do you get sun on balcony?  Too big for solo traveler?  Many thanks for any input!

I was in the Royal Suite solo on a TA. The suite is lovely, but it’s not wonderful in rough weather. As it’s high and in the bow, and our weather was very rough in the North Atlantic, I really missed out on the glamor.  Don’t know about sun on the big forward facing  balcony. At high noon, it should be sunny. As for perks...I had a lovely cocktail party arranged by my wonderful butler, Philip...then it got rough, so No more fancy parties. While it is true that any passengers can arrange for private parties in even the smallest suite, Philip went all out. He’d been working at sea on much bigger ships and had never sailed big seas on such a little ship. We bonded and had some good laughs. This was a great example of the kind of super, but not fawning service on SS.

3 hours ago, CruisinPashmina said:

I was in the Royal Suite solo on a TA. The suite is lovely, but it’s not wonderful in rough weather. As it’s high and in the bow, and our weather was very rough in the North Atlantic, I really missed out on the glamor.  Don’t know about sun on the big forward facing  balcony. At high noon, it should be sunny. As for perks...I had a lovely cocktail party arranged by my wonderful butler, Philip...then it got rough, so No more fancy parties. While it is true that any passengers can arrange for private parties in even the smallest suite, Philip went all out. He’d been working at sea on much bigger ships and had never sailed big seas on such a little ship. We bonded and had some good laughs. This was a great example of the kind of super, but not fawning service on SS.

Same experience for us. It was on the cloud this year, but suites are identical. Very rough weather in the Biscaya. Never had such a bad experience, mainly caused because of the location if this suite.