NCL Sun ~ Boarding Time

mi3stooges

With some of the larger mega ships (Escape, Encore, etc), you are asked to select an " Arrival" time to the terminal in an attempt to manage crowd control.  Your "Arrival" has nothing to do with what time you are allowed to board.  Boarding will begin after all of the passengers of the previous cruise have left and Customs and Border Protection gives the okay to begin boarding.  If all goes well, boarding begins between 11:00 A.M.and 11:30 A.M.

18 minutes ago, www3traveler said:

With some of the larger mega ships (Escape, Encore, etc), you are asked to select an " Arrival" time to the terminal in an attempt to manage crowd control.  Your "Arrival" has nothing to do with what time you are allowed to board.  Boarding will begin after all of the passengers of the previous cruise have left and Customs and Border Protection gives the okay to begin boarding.  If all goes well, boarding begins between 11:00 A.M.and 11:30 A.M.

So I am correct that I can "arrive" at anytime understanding that I can "board" once the ship has been cleared.  So being that it is a small ship, they don't schedule "arrival" times?

2 minutes ago, mi3stooges said:

So I am correct that I can "arrive" at anytime understanding that I can "board" once the ship has been cleared.  So being that it is a small ship, they don't schedule "arrival" times?

Most terminals open for new passengers about 9:30 A. M.   I have sailed on several of the smaller ships and have never had to select an "arrival" time, I have on the mega ships.

Enjoy your cruise.

1 minute ago, tallnthensome said:

You can arrive at the terminal for the sun when the terminal opens. You will be given a group boarding number placard ....Board when called, not before. The earlier you complete check in at the terminal the lower number you’ll receive. 

Thank you!