Horizon 11/16 Events

TullMan

I haven't posted in a while so here goes.

SnL/DnL are currently on the Horizon. They have stopped twice to offload passengers for presumed medical emergencies. DnL is near panic as this is her first cruise. I know these events are minor but I am curious about them. I got bored with uneventful cruises following the Star Princess fire and several hurricanes. Any further info appreciated.

4 hours ago, DB2VA said:

Not sure why DnL is in a panic.

I am sure it has to do with the accidental death last week on the Horizon, the rough seas on day 2 or 3 of the cruise, the fact this is her first cruise, these events and how the news media jumps on anything that happens on a cruise ship. As I said, these events are minor but to her, they are part of her first. I am simply gathering information to help convince her to cruise again.

You might never know why they stopped twice to offload passengers. If they debarked because of medical emergency, you will never know the specifics, except 'medical emergency'. Have you tried googling the ship she's on? If a news outlet got a glimmer of a news story, chances are, they are reporting it. 

FWIW, I fear more about driving in Dallas traffic than I do about cruising, which is zero fear. Is she afraid of the water? 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

You might never know why they stopped twice to offload passengers. If they debarked because of medical emergency, you will never know the specifics, except 'medical emergency'. Have you tried googling the ship she's on? If a news outlet got a glimmer of a news story, chances are, they are reporting it. 

FWIW, I fear more about driving in Dallas traffic than I do about cruising, which is zero fear. Is she afraid of the water? 

The only thing I find in a search is the death last week. Agreed on the cruising risk. The drive to the port is far more dangerous.

I think the main issue is "new cruiser" jitters. Thanks.

6 hours ago, TullMan said:

The only thing I find in a search is the death last week. Agreed on the cruising risk. The drive to the port is far more dangerous.

I think the main issue is "new cruiser" jitters. Thanks.

"The drive to the port is far more dangerous."

No doubt about that! Totally agree! I feel once she boards the ship and gets settled in, she will go to a 'safe place', probably the Lido deck, and gets a feel of the ship, she will see she is on a safe ship, in no danger, and she will realize she's about to go on a trip that will be wonderful, and have a great time. 

I just talked to my parents that were on this cruise. The only thing they mentioned was that they stopped at an island in the bahamas early saturday(i believe it was saturday) morning due to a medical issue. They said one of their tablemates mentioned a possible reason but i wont pass along specualtion. They are pretty oblivious so if there was a 2nd issue, it's possible that they wouldnt have known.

I was on this cruise. Many passengers were morbidly obese, arrogant, and LOUD. The captain made a brief announcement at dinner, merely stating that a passenger required urgent medical care, and asking for everyone's patience as the ship changed course and sped up. I went to bed. At midnite, I heard the engine sound of a powerboat, which I observed from my balcony on the port side. Presumably, it tendered persons ashore. Crew that I'd become acquainted with were tight-lipped about this incident, despite being talkative about the death of the previous week's flyer.