Airfare to Alaska - Please Help!!

alaskamasta

Airfares to pretty much everywhere are way up this summer - the airlines have a lot of catching up to do.

But a wee reality check is worthwhile, maybe. From the eastern/southern US, ANC is about as many airmiles as London or Paris, depending on how you route the flight. If you saw transatlantic airfares in mid-summer at the prices you're seeing for Alaska, you'd be dancing in the streets and your passports would all be smokin'.

Just wait.... Prices will drop at about the 110 day mark. I booked my airfare for my May 10th cruise on Jan. 18th. 111 days out. (We're flying in the day before.) Prices literally went from about $790pp to about $400pp. Just be patient, wait it out a bit. If you notice the flight you really want filling up quickly, then go ahead and do it.

Well I did just the opposite and I booked WAY early. We've had our tickets since Sept or Oct of last year for our July flight between Charlotte and Seattle. By the way I got three tickets at $322 each and now the same flight is $819 per person. So I think I did OK! We're flying Northwest.

• 1 month later...

We just booked RT airfare from Ft. Lauderdale to Seattle, mid August on American for $228.pp. Timing is everything...early Wednesday is when the discounts are offered.

Try a search engine...my favorite is Sidestep...that's how I found this deal.

Good luck!

We booked 5 months out and were lucky we did because the flights we wanted were full more than 3 months out so no chance of price drop there. We never did see a great deal but booked anyway. Glad some of you are finding a good price!

Archived