Rhapsody during spring break?

coaster

I have never sailed the end of March on any ship. I just booked a March 28,  2020 cruise on Rhapsody. Does this ship attract a lot of spring breakers? Talked with a couple on the Harmony last week who sailed on Empress late in March and they said it was pretty rowdy with lots of security having to intervene. 

Edited by coaster

And Spring Break isnt a certain week. Might peak around Easter but many schools have different yearly schedules and weeks off from late Feb-April. My kids never had Spring Break follow the Easter Holiday, it was same week every yr. But they always has a mid-winter Break over Presidents Day, we took out Cruises and Disney trips that week...

Edited by ONECRUISER

• 2 weeks later...

The only thing we'll see at the shows every nite is cotton white hair all over the theatre! lol 🙂

Looks like cotton fields in the south...

Carnival is where they pee when they can't find a bathroom..... really. been there, seen that.

Harmony 9/22 and 10/06/ 2019 Canaveral

Rhapsody 2/29 and 3/26/2020 Tampa

Mardi Gras 10/24/2020 Canaveral

We travel during spring break and did not have a problem being on the Rhapsody last April.  It is a smaller ship, so it did not have all the new, fun things to do as say a Harmony or an Allure.  My teens still had fun without all that.

While there may be Spring Breakers from elsewhere, Spring Break in the surrounding counties and public universities will already be over.  Most are scheduled for the week of March 16th.  I know this because I'm a teacher in Hillsborough County (Tampa), we are on Break that week, and also on Rhapsody that week.  #maytheoddsbeinourfavor

On 11/25/2019 at 11:45 AM, coaster said:

I have never sailed the end of March on any ship. I just booked a March 28,  2020 cruise on Rhapsody. Does this ship attract a lot of spring breakers? Talked with a couple on the Harmony last week who sailed on Empress late in March and they said it was pretty rowdy with lots of security having to intervene. 

Spring Break 2020

February 22 - April 18, 2020

Really Busy During March up to the 28th....

Only 4 Universities/Colleges on break from March 28 to April 4...

This is from a Listing of 209 Universities/Colleges found online...

We have done 19 cruises during Spring Break over the years. Mostly on the 3 & 4 Night Itineraries out of Orlando/Port Canaveral on Sovereign, Monarch, Enchantment and now Mariner.

Booked 4 Night beginning March 23 on the Mariner...

We are both 70+, so Spring Breaks are way in our past, however, where else can you see so many of our young adults having so much fun at one time.

Spring Break on CoCo Cay... Now That's a party....

Dennis & Sue