LAX/long beach are hotel with suites for family of 6?

AandBmom

I don't know that you will find any hotel rooms that allow 6 people in one room in the Long Beach area. It is due to the occupancy/fire laws in the area. A Residence Inn room in Long Beach allows 5 people max. The identical Residence Inn room in Anaheim allows 8.

Are any of the 6 children or willing to share 2 to a bed?   You might call hotel local numbers (not the nationwide number) and ask if they have adjoining/connecting rooms that have 2 queen beds in one or both of the rooms.

1 hour ago, Kartgv said:

Are any of the 6 children or willing to share 2 to a bed?   You might call hotel local numbers (not the nationwide number) and ask if they have adjoining/connecting rooms that have 2 queen beds in one or both of the rooms.

The OP has already booked 2 rooms at the Maya, per their other thread.

For people finding this thread in the future - there are two Embassy Suites in the LAX vicinity, one South and one North, both with airport shuttles.  Their website allows booking the room with two double beds for 2 adults and 4 children. 

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone recommend one LAX Embassy Suite, North or South, over the other. Do both have restaurants for dinner. Is one more convenient to the Delta terminal than the other? I just read that SuperShuttle is going out of business so I’m rethinking plans. Had intended to arrive a day ahead of a cruise, take SuperShuttle to San Pedro and stay in a hotel there. Now thinking it might be simpler to arrive a day ahead still but stay at an airport hotel and then go back to the terminal and take the Princess transfer to the ship. Also can anyone recommend any other hotels close to LAX?

3 hours ago, Sea Day Cruiser said:

Anyone recommend one LAX Embassy Suite, North or South, over the other. Do both have restaurants for dinner. Is one more convenient to the Delta terminal than the other? I just read that SuperShuttle is going out of business so I’m rethinking plans. Had intended to arrive a day ahead of a cruise, take SuperShuttle to San Pedro and stay in a hotel there. Now thinking it might be simpler to arrive a day ahead still but stay at an airport hotel and then go back to the terminal and take the Princess transfer to the ship. Also can anyone recommend any other hotels close to LAX?

North is slightly closer to the terminal, but, really, there is very little difference...Neither is in an area you want to be stuck in if you don't have to...And, there is little advantage to returning to LAX for anything...You would waste a lot of time unnecessarily taking a hotel shuttle back to LAX to wait for a Princess transfer...And, the Princess transfers are way overpriced...

And, aside from being overpriced (over twice what an Uber would cost), Princess would have you wait around for them to fill up a large bus before sending you off to San Pedro--and that might take a LOT of extra time.

Even without SuperShuttle, you have options...

First, if you had your heart set on a shared shuttle, there are still other shuttle companies still operating...Check out Prime Time Shuttle, Roadrunner Shuttle or Karmel Shuttle:

https://www.primetimeshuttle.com/airports/lax-airport-shuttle/?gclid=CjwKCAiAluLvBRASEiwAAbX3GWo6INGozvSpaLr8twlkdAQIViq_61uZMfZqCvKvbCph1qmNpu0QvhoCF28QAvD_BwE

https://www.rrshuttle.com/airports/lax.html

https://www.karmel.com/

Personally, I'd consider Uber or Lyft.  Everyone is now a little scared to use them since you now have to take a shuttle to a designated pick-up lot.  I haven't yet done it (probably will when I return to LAX on Christmas), but my sister used the new system for an Uber last week and told me it went very smoothly for them.  Delta is in Terminal 2/3...and the pick-up lot is across the street from Terminal 1...so some would even walk it...but the shuttle apparently comes around quickly.  They apparently have made some changes since the system started (more buses, expanded pick-up are) and things have improved significantly.

So, I would stick with the idea of staying in San Pedro...We are cruising on January 4...and we are heading down to San Pedro on the 3rd and staying at the Doubletree...

Edited by Bruin Steve