Sending package ahead.

Lolly1963

Does anyone know if I can send a parcel from the UK to P&O Britannia (Christmas Cruise) in dock ready for our arrival please? it's only provisions for a baby who's travelling with us.

anyone know the price of nappies for sake on board ?  thanks

29 minutes ago, eddie11 said:

Would you not have the opportunity to pop to Boots at West Quay before boarding?

Whatever - hope you can sort something out.  I’ve no idea about your parcel idea but it doesn’t sound very likely to me

As it is a Christnas cruise, Brittania will be in the Caribbean,  so the Boots option, and sending luggage ahead will not work.

I do not know if nappies will be on sale on board,  but if they are, they won't be cheap! 

Edited by wowzz
  • Like 1

we fly out of Manchester to Barbados, apparently the nappies are very expensive (approx. $70) the Caribbean. They do sell nappies on board, not sure of the price though ? Sending a parcel ahead is around £90

think we're going to have to take less clothing/shoes etc 😞 

thank you for your relies 🙂

Baggage handling company is UK only 😞

Sorry I hadn’t cottoned on to the fact that you’re not boarding in Southampton.

Do you use Mumsnet?

Do you think there might be someone on there with experience to help and advise?

Or try another cruising forum specifically aimed at young families?   Think I’ve seen something but can’t remember a name.  Google search might come up trumps

Left field - might there be a case for thinking about modern reusable nappies & inserts?  Just a suggestion.

Good luck anyway.  Hope the cruise goes well

Edited by eddie11
  • Like 1

Hi when we were on Britannia there were only one size of nappies available in the shop and they were tiny and very expensive.

I'm not sure if you can do it at Manchester but at Gatwick you can do a boots order of your nappies, wipes etc to be collected in the boots after passport control, it's worth a try!

hope that is of some help and you have a great time.

• Like 1

Hi. Post the query on cost of nappies and availability in Caribbean on the family forum, think it's a subheadings under special interest. 

Use term diapers rather than nappies 😁

We only cruised from Southampton when our children were in nappies so not much help.

Email P&O to ask for a travel cot/pack&play for your cabin,  they are great for keeping babies and toddlers safe while getting yourself ready.

I would also recommend toddler reins as there are so many dangers and distractions onboard. It also stops other passengers cutting in between you and your child.

If this is your first cruise with a baby a heads up that the crew will love your baby and do everything possible to make sure everything goes smoothly. Many crew have children at home who they miss terribly.

• Like 2

When we spoke to the travle agent they said we can only increase the baggae allowance by 5kg not take an extra suitcase.

Cabin4three - thanks for your useful advice, we havent cruised with a little one for 12 years. We taking our Grandson who will be a couple of weeks short of being 1 yr old. I remeber how wonderful the staff were with my youngest, they miss their families so much and simply can't help make a fuss.

I'm going to call the travel agent now and give her a list of questions, hopefully she can speak direct to P&O

thank you everyone, most useful chat 🙂

Just an idea, but if your cruise is calling at Aruba, nappies might be cheaper there because of it being very popular with American tourists.

This is info from a supermarket called Ling's, in Oranjestad. https://www.groceriestogoaruba.com/products.aspx?shelf=1&aisle=15&aisletop=12

These are their online shopping prices, but they stock a good range and are nowhere near as expensive as $70. If you can take enough with you for the first few days and Aruba is one of the first stops, it might be a solution.

• Like 1