Tampa Hotel

scarecrowbirdie

highly recommend doubletree westshore. we stayed there jan 14, 2006, before our Miracle cruise. Comfy rooms. Free shuttle from airport to hotel, hotel to port, and port back to airport. Warm cookies on checkin too. :) Beds were very comfy and had a nice pool area.

Courtyard and Residence inn are connected, basically the same hotel, share the same pool, etc. They're about a mile away and offer free shuttle. The Marriott Waterside is the closest to the port, about 1/4 mile if that but it is a little pricey, but it is nice. There are others but I stick with the Marriott chain, good rewards program.

Just wondering if you were able to get the Doubletree on Hotwire? I checked it out, because I'm also needing a room and would love that hotel. How do you know if it's the Doubletree? I tried to compare the icons with the hotel site and it looked different than for the $65 one on Hotwire. Please let me know if you were able to get it. Thanks!

Just wondering if you were able to get the Doubletree on Hotwire? I checked it out, because I'm also needing a room and would love that hotel. How do you know if it's the Doubletree? I tried to compare the icons with the hotel site and it looked different than for the $65 one on Hotwire. Please let me know if you were able to get it. Thanks!

Checking with betterbidding the amenities seem to check out. After going thru the entire booking procedure, just at the last step it said that the property is no longer available. Today the same thing- shows available until the final procedure. I asked about that problem on Betterbidding and they think that it may be a problem with the hotels booking site. I may go ahead and book Amerisuites thru valuetrips for $74 and wait and see. That booking can be cancelled.

Does anyone have experience with valuetrips.com?

I'm also considering the Amerisuites - Tampa airport.

I've used Priceline and Hotwire, but I never heard of valuetrips until reading a couple threads here.

Does anyone have experience with valuetrips.com?

I'm also considering the Amerisuites - Tampa airport.

I've used Priceline and Hotwire, but I never heard of valuetrips until reading a couple threads here.

I used valuetrips to book Amerisuites in FLL in January. Lowest price you'll find, and the booking is cancellable. The only problem ( if it is one) it takes a couple of days to get confirmation

I just called hotwire's customer care about the Doubletree ( I know because of the amenities). It has shown as available for over a week, and each time I go to book it, I get all the way thru the process, only to get a message that it no longer available. Hotwire's answer to this is that the hotel hasn't bothered to update the information, so for now I'm out of luck ( or staying at Amerisuites) Would have liked to get a hotel with a restuarant since we'll be checking in in the evening.

I got a response to my reservation request through valuetrips for the Amerisuites. It says their 2006 rates have not been determined yet, so I need to keep checking the valuetrips website. (I had noticed their website listed 2005 dates before I sent the request.)

So I guess I'll keep looking. We need 2 beds and a sofabed because we're bringing DD and her BF.

Archived