Princess Transfer LAX to Cruise Terminal

Jeter02

1 hour ago, Jeter02 said:

Just read in an LA times article that super shuttle is actually taking its final last Friday December 31st before going out of business. Looks like uber and Lyft has killed super shuttle's business

Uber, Lyft and a poor quality of service by SuperShuttle killed SuperShuttle's business. See some of the "never again" comments earlier in this thread.

27 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

Uber, Lyft and a poor quality of service by SuperShuttle killed SuperShuttle's business. See some of the "never again" comments earlier in this thread.

Yup I read them. Which is why I've decided to just stick with Princess Transfer Shuttles.

On 12/1/2019 at 2:56 PM, Jeter02 said:

Just went through the motions with super shuttle. It was giving me $36 each way. With tax and tip is little over $80 roundtrip. 😲

This was just posted.

It’s the end of an era for travelers at LAX as industry veteran SuperShuttle has informed franchisees they will shut down their Los Angeles operations effective January 1, 2020.

https://loyaltylobby.com/2019/12/13/farewell-supershuttle-is-abandoning-los-angeles-after-36-years-of-service-last-rides-on-december-31-2019/?omhide=true

1 minute ago, 63 Super Sport said:

This was just posted.

It’s the end of an era for travelers at LAX as industry veteran SuperShuttle has informed franchisees they will shut down their Los Angeles operations effective January 1, 2020.

https://loyaltylobby.com/2019/12/13/farewell-supershuttle-is-abandoning-los-angeles-after-36-years-of-service-last-rides-on-december-31-2019/?omhide=true

Yup. I posted the article under here (the thread I started) in regards to their last day. Thanks.

4 hours ago, Bgwest said:

Uber vs. Lyft 

Opinions please. 

I have an account with both so check both. It varies from day to day or even hour to hour. IF you have Lyft, they are running a 10X points promotion and discountall of this month. IF you don't have an account with both, you usually get a nice discount for your first few rides with a new account. Lyft has been more consistent than UBER out of LAX of late. FWIW the better driver (those that make their living at it) are usually both

Edited by TNTLAMB

2 hours ago, TNTLAMB said:

I have an account with both so check both. It varies from day to day or even hour to hour. IF you have Lyft, they are running a 10X points promotion and discountall of this month. IF you don't have an account with both, you usually get a nice discount for your first few rides with a new account. Lyft has been more consistent than UBER out of LAX of late. FWIW the better driver (those that make their living at it) are usually both

Interesting. Thank you. Some years back I gave up on the Uber when i repeatedly found a 10 to 15% service charge added to every ride that I took. Lyft did not add such a surcharge though their ride costs seem always to be very nearly the same as those of Uber. 

Is this surcharge practice still used by Uber? No where did I see service charge prior to the ride but I found them in the summary of charges after the ride