Review of Independence sailings 11/2/19-11/16/19

RRFPresident

ACL's Independence Review

I didn't find much online about this type of small ship cruising before our cruise so I wanted to share my experiences for others. This was an Eagle Society sailing known as the East Coast Inland Passage that combined the Baltimore to Charleston (Mid-Atlantic) and the Charleston to Jacksonville itineraries (Historic South/Golden Isles). Thanks for checking it out!

• 1 month later...
6 hours ago, ggooglyboogly said:

Thanks for posting!  Seems like they charge a premium price, but based on the service & menus you posted, it seems like they fall well short of premium.  

There were passengers on our sailing who have only done ACL cruises and thought everything was picture perfect. Then again others who agreed that it's not normally like this. I guess that could be said about any cruise. I'm sure part of my reaction is that I have cruises on the big lines to compare it with (service wise, not just ship amenities and port activities). But yes, for the price we paid for this cruise, we expected so much more. 

On 11/28/2019 at 11:29 AM, RRFPresident said:

ACL's Independence Review

I didn't find much online about this type of small ship cruising before our cruise so I wanted to share my experiences for others. This was an Eagle Society sailing known as the East Coast Inland Passage that combined the Baltimore to Charleston (Mid-Atlantic) and the Charleston to Jacksonville itineraries (Historic South/Golden Isles). Thanks for checking it out!

Just a note to add that my review is now complete with the addition of the daily "Ship to Shore" schedules.

• 2 months later...
On 1/3/2020 at 10:54 AM, RRFPresident said:

Just a note to add that my review is now complete with the addition of the daily "Ship to Shore" schedules.

Thanks so much for posting RRFPresident! I've now got a better idea of what to expect for the American Star cruise on 3/14/20 (Historic South and Golden Isles cruise).  I'm wondering if a lot of people are cancelling.  

• Like 1