Cruise Planner not showing Chef's Table Reservation?

tensixmom

Hi, I'm not all that familiar with the Carnival Website, so I am looking to see if others have had a similar experience.

I have just a short 3 day cruise booked for January and I thought it would be fun to add the Chef's Table, at $75/pp (this is the Miracle).  I added it through the website, and I've had the charge show as "Pending" on my credit card for the last three days (which seems like a long time).

The Chef's Table is not showing on my cruise planner, or anywhere I can find it on my reservation info.  I have no confirmation letter/number (and I didn't screen shot the page where it showed I booked it... shame on me).

Can anyone with experience booking this tell me if this is normal?  I did notice the Chef's Table is now $95/pp so I am not sure if the price goes up the closer to departure we get?

There is no online help available and I work nights so calling them during business hours is difficult, so I thought I would check with the experts here.

Thank you!

I booked Chef's Table for my Feb. 1, 2020 cruise and only have email confirmation.  I'm printing it out and taking it with me.  I'm guessing they will ask me to confirm when I'm on board.

It's been a while since I did the chef's table, but I believe they have to have a minimum number of guests signed up for your cruise to be able to have it.  I believe that is why they can't give you a specific date.  If they have a lot of guests signed up, they will often have more than one night where they do the chef's table.

If you get to do this, go hungry.  There is so much to eat and drink.  It's a wonderful experience.

Have fun on your cruise!

I have never had any problems with my Chef's Table reservation until our last cruise. Make sure you take your email with you. Last cruise for the very first time they didn't have my reservation. I had to pull up my email to prove that I was supposed to have a reservation.

Shoot, I never got a confirmation email and I closed the browser window when I made the reservation.  That's probably not good.

ETA:  Just was able to call them (thankfully they're open on Sundays) and while they saw it on my account, they had to resend the email.

Thanks all for letting me know I needed the email!

Edited by tensixmom

On 11/28/2019 at 8:03 PM, tensixmom said:

Hi, I'm not all that familiar with the Carnival Website, so I am looking to see if others have had a similar experience.

I'm nog loving their website; but yeah.  It is what it is. 

I have just a short 3 day cruise booked for January and I thought it would be fun to add the Chef's Table, at $75/pp (this is the Miracle).  I added it through the website, and I've had the charge show as "Pending" on my credit card for the last three days (which seems like a long time).

This happened to me too when I booked the steakhouse and the italian spot and paid for it online; check under the "booking order details" and you should see the purchase there.

The Chef's Table is not showing on my cruise planner, or anywhere I can find it on my reservation info.  I have no confirmation letter/number (and I didn't screen shot the page where it showed I booked it... shame on me).

When I e-mailed the steakhouse to confirm my reservation they said that the planner won't update until you are on board; but that if you were able to pay for it online, then you would have that chosen time.

Can anyone with experience booking this tell me if this is normal?  I did notice the Chef's Table is now $95/pp so I am not sure if the price goes up the closer to departure we get?

I feel like they've been having weird bugs with their website; so I would say it's not impossible for the price to be wrong, but if they had a glitch and you booked it at the wrong price, they still should honor that.

There is no online help available and I work nights so calling them during business hours is difficult, so I thought I would check with the experts here.

Thank you!