NCL Confirmation Receipt Incorrect

MP&MP

What would you do?
I recently booked a cruise with NCL and paid in full due to final payment already past. This was during the Black Friday sale. The next day, NCL refunded 30% back which is what the Confirmation receipt detailed. The base fare was 30% less for guest 1 & 2. Great. Now, I check online and they are saying that the confirmation is incorrect and I owe them what they refunded me or my cruise will be cancelled.

Should I pay them again or should they honor their error?

Thanks! MP

Edited by MP&MP

Did you pay the pre sale jacked up rates and then they refunded you the 30% for the sale amount?  Of was it an additional 30% on top of the Black Friday sale?  

If you paid the pre sale price, I would call and talk to someone at NCL about it before doing anything.  If they discounted the sale price a second time, you will need to pay it.  

I would make sure that you print out that email and start the calls. Couple years ago a buddy secured a block of room on RCCL and was given a quote with some very favorable prices ($1,000 total for balcony, Freedom of the Seas, 8 night). When he called to start booking rooms they tried to deny him that price, but, because they sent the info out initially they had to honor it. If you received an email that showed a discount and "paid in full" I would guess you would have a very good argument an ammunition to demand that they honor the price. Their mistake, not yours. 

The way you have written your question makes it hard to determine what happened.  If they incorrectly gave you a refund, over and above your contracted price, then they have the right to ask for repayment - no different than if they had charged you twice and you demanded they pay you back.