Halfmoon Bay Resort vs Infiniity Bay Resort vs Bananarama

sugarsmacks

Hi everyone. Looking for a little help on deciding which place to go to on our day trip to Roatan in January. There are 5 of us and we are going to book with a private tour operator, but we have an option on what beach we want. We are looking for a calm waters with shore snorkeling not far out. We have beginners with us. I know West bay beach is suppose to be the best one, but has anyone been to Halfmoon Bay Resort and would you say it is better than west bay for snorkeling? The tour guide is recommending this beach. Looking for a place with chairs, bathrooms and food. Your opinions are appreciated. Thank you.

All three of these options will have loungers, potties and food. Both West Bay and Half Moon Bay are shealtered (calm water) as long as the weather is good. 

Half Moon Bay resort has NO beach but a ladder in to the water off their pier. The snorkeling is ok but one need pay attention to boats coming and going. The place is also in the Village of West End, if some of your party wanted to wander "town" that is an option. 

Infinity Bay and Banaranma are on West Bay Beach. Infinity is steps from the boat free reef snorkeling and they have a pool. Bananarama has no pool and one would have to walk down to Infinity to acess the reef snorkeling.  

Half Moon Bay resort maybe a bit quieter than the crazy that West Bay can be cause it is a bit out of the way. As I remember their lounger area is fairly small. 

We just did Infinity Bay last week.  I would highly recommend it.  Great pool, literally feet from wading out to snorkel the reef.  They also can hook you up if you want other stuff, like parasailing or a boat to take you out further for snorkeling. There are lots of vendors wandering the beach, but that is the case everywhere it seems.  They were ever present but not too annoying. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, KarlChilders said:

We just did Infinity Bay last week.  I would highly recommend it.  Great pool, literally feet from wading out to snorkel the reef.  They also can hook you up if you want other stuff, like parasailing or a boat to take you out further for snorkeling. There are lots of vendors wandering the beach, but that is the case everywhere it seems.  They were ever present but not too annoying. 

Who did you book through and was arranged transportation included? 

On 12/11/2019 at 8:14 PM, tvlworm said:

Who did you book through and was arranged transportation included? 

Sorry to take so long to get back.  I emailed the hotel directly.   activities@infinitybay.com They told me who to ask for for transportation just outside the port, and they were expecting me.  $20 each for the day pass and $20 each for transportation.  The driver/booking guy did try to upsell us on a tour before hitting the resort, but we just told them we wanted to go straight there and it was fine.  They were back 10 minutes before we arranged for the trip back to the ship.  transportation needed to be paid in cash.

Edited by KarlChilders
add info
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/17/2019 at 9:58 AM, KarlChilders said:

Sorry to take so long to get back.  I emailed the hotel directly.   activities@infinitybay.com They told me who to ask for for transportation just outside the port, and they were expecting me.  $20 each for the day pass and $20 each for transportation.  The driver/booking guy did try to upsell us on a tour before hitting the resort, but we just told them we wanted to go straight there and it was fine.  They were back 10 minutes before we arranged for the trip back to the ship.  transportation needed to be paid in cash.

We are thinking of going to Infinity Bay next month on our cruise.  Did you dock in Coxen Hole?  And if so, how long was the ride?

Also did you eat there?  We are debating the all inclusive as it's only $45 more than a usual day pass.  

Thanks for your help.

Mary

We plan on doing Infinity Bay beginning of April and booking with them directly  like described above.  We want to get there asap when we get off the ship.  There are 4 of us.  Karl - Did you take a cab and did they take you immediately?  thanks for any info.

On 12/5/2019 at 6:08 PM, Guest 2000 said:

Infinity Bay and Banaranma are on West Bay Beach. Infinity is steps from the boat free reef snorkeling and they have a pool. Bananarama has no pool and one would have to walk down to Infinity to acess the reef snorkeling. 

How far a walk is it from Bananarama  to walk down to infinity for access to reef snorkeling?

Is it easy to find someone renting snorkle equipt and does anyone know the going rate?

thanks

When we arranged Infinity, they arranged a cab for us, told us who to ask for as we walked out, and they were expecting us.  I think it was $20 per person.  They did try to upsell us for additional touring, but we told them we just wanted to go to the hotel and that was fine.  Ride took 15 minutes or so.  And for Tweety33 asking, Bananarama to the snorkel area is a few hundred yards, 1/4 mile at most.

On 1/22/2020 at 6:52 PM, tweety33 said:

How far a walk is it from Bananarama  to walk down to infinity for access to reef snorkeling?

Is it easy to find someone renting snorkle equipt and does anyone know the going rate?

thanks

The walk maybe 4mins, maybe less depending on the length of your legs, how fast to walk and how many people you have to dodge. 

Snorkel gear is everywhere, locla on the beach and any dive shop will rent. I don't know the going rate but $10 sounds good. :0) 

Edited by Guest 2000

3 hours ago, Guest 2000 said:

The walk maybe 4mins, maybe less depending on the length of your legs, how fast to walk and how many people you have to dodge. 

Snorkel gear is everywhere, locla on the beach and any dive shop will rent. I don't know the going rate but $10 sounds good. :0) 

thank you both for your responses!!