Atlantis, March 2020, on the Summit

Burncox

Hi,

This is Dave and my partner and I are going to be on the Atlantis cruise in March on the Celebrity Summit.  It'll be our second Atlantis cruise and our seventh overall.  We had a blast on last year's Atlantis cruise on the Edge that we booked the Summit for the next March.   Is anyone else going on this cruise?

Dave

The Polaroid guy

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/6/2019 at 9:53 PM, Burncox said:

Hi,

This is Dave and my partner and I are going to be on the Atlantis cruise in March on the Celebrity Summit.  It'll be our second Atlantis cruise and our seventh overall.  We had a blast on last year's Atlantis cruise on the Edge that we booked the Summit for the next March.   Is anyone else going on this cruise?

Dave

The Polaroid guy

Hi there----will be on this cruise also!

On 12/22/2019 at 9:36 PM, Cruise Stud said:

Hi there----will be on this cruise also!

Hi!  Great!  It should be a fun cruise, although there seems to be much more planning involved with these Atlantis cruises, such as what to wear to all the dances!

Dave

5 minutes ago, Burncox said:

Hi!  Great!  It should be a fun cruise, although there seems to be much more planning involved with these Atlantis cruises, such as what to wear to all the dances!

Dave

oh yeah?  Well apparently I hadn't paid attention the event requirements.

I haven't been paying attention or reading the right things...haha!

Is it posted a certain place on the website, or have they sent emails/newsletters?

1 minute ago, Cruise Stud said:

oh yeah?  Well apparently I hadn't paid attention the event requirements.

I haven't been paying attention or reading the right things...haha!

Is it posted a certain place on the website, or have they sent emails/newsletters?

Our first one was this past March and I had no clue about anything.  The emails you get are just before the cruise, but it would have been nice to have more information before hand!

I think all the 7-day cruises are similar.  On this one on The Celebrity Edge, there were three T-Dances: Dog Tag, Sports, and Disco.  There are also a few themed late dances, but the only one I can remember is the White Party which was two nights before we arrived back in port.  But you do NOT have to dress the theme at all!  It's fun no matter what you do.  Also, there are no drink packages available-you put them all on your tab (and that doesn't stop the alcohol from flowing on the ship anyway!). 

I found the entertainment to be great.  I love Miss Richfield 1981 and saw La Voix for the first time on this past cruise.  All the drag performers, including the lovely Miss Richfield 1981, sing with their own voice. 

These cruises can be whatever you want to them to be.  You can be as social as you want, or just visit with a few friends and have quiet evenings of canasta.  Personally, I love that we are all in a place where we are the majority and we don't have to worry about how others may see us and I especially like taking a break from being a gay-ambassador (I feel like that sometimes where we are the only gay couple around!).

I think that there are groups on Facebook for the Atlantis cruises, but I am very uncomfortable with my every action on there being part of a permanent marketing record, so I no longer use it.  I got some pics of the T-dances online if you want to see them.

Thanks!

Dave

• Thanks 1

Dave,

thanks for the information. I am considering booking an Atlantis cruise in the near future. But I am a bit inhibited because I am a older guy.  60 year old closeted just divorced and willing to explore a new beginning. What I fit in with the group?   For the most part I’m a social guy but not a big drinker.  Into fitness so I’m cool with the Speedo crowd.  But looking for fun new friends and losing some inhibitions 😉

On 12/31/2019 at 11:37 AM, speedoguy1 said:

Dave,

thanks for the information. I am considering booking an Atlantis cruise in the near future. But I am a bit inhibited because I am a older guy.  60 year old closeted just divorced and willing to explore a new beginning. What I fit in with the group?   For the most part I’m a social guy but not a big drinker.  Into fitness so I’m cool with the Speedo crowd.  But looking for fun new friends and losing some inhibitions 😉

Hi, Speedoguy1,

I think you'll do just fine.  There are all sorts of groups on these cruises and you'll fit in with one for sure, especially if you're social.  There are lots of opportunities to meet others there with all the activities they have planned.  There is a lot of alcohol consumed on these ships, too, but since you're not a big drinker, you'll probably have a pretty manageable bill at the end of the cruise! 

Dave