Balls and suggested attire....

emilygrace

For the formal balls like the Black and White Ball you dress formally and wear those clothes to dinner. The pirate ball is much more casual. Usually folks dress after dinner for that.

Okay! So call me an idiot! <G>

We went to dinner dressed in oury pirate regalia! And we were a big hit, I might add. There were a number of us in our pirate gear- but then, we were on the late sitting, so the ball was right after dinner.

I did have to set my cutlass on the table.

For some reason, our service that night was EXTRA- superb! <G>

Karie,

ARRRGH!

Thanks for your quick replies. What about a Grand Masked Ball? What would you say the percentage is of people actually carrying masks?

The percentage on our 3 Jan trip was actually quite high! And I saw many carry them to dinner. We had ours wth neon wire outlining our feathered- Mardi Gras style masks.

One of our formal dinner table shots was of us- and we wore the masks! We ended up buying that picture! It was a great shot, and not so mundane as many.

Karie,

Who got good service wearing a mask, too!

I wonder why? <G>

Okay! So call me an idiot! <G>

We went to dinner dressed in oury pirate regalia! And we were a big hit, I might add. There were a number of us in our pirate gear- but then, we were on the late sitting, so the ball was right after dinner.

I did have to set my cutlass on the table.

For some reason, our service that night was EXTRA- superb! <G>

Karie,

ARRRGH!

Karie,

Your posts are a HOOT! I love reading them. Please keep posting. You are a breath of fresh air on this board!! Think I read somewhere on these boards that you were originally from Tennessee. We live in the Nashville area.

Beth

Karie,

Your posts are a HOOT! I love reading them. Please keep posting. You are a breath of fresh air on this board!! Think I read somewhere on these boards that you were originally from Tennessee. We live in the Nashville area.

Beth

Born in Chattanooga (Well, East Brainard, really, before it was incorporated) Went to UTK-

One of my Nashville area stories: Went to a wedding in Shelbyville with a bunch of folks from my church- We all met at the Christian Student Center- and piled into cars for a caravan over. Got there- Staying with family of a friend (and a former Mr. Atlas) Toilet papered someone's house- It had rained and was all muddy. Went to change out of muddy jeans. Where's my suitcase? I thought YOU put it in the car. I thought YOU put it in the car- Nope- Sitting back in the driveway of the CSC in Knoxville! I had my train case with my shoes, makeup, underwear and a slip. Thank God for Dad's Sear's card! I still have the yellow floor length skirt, blazer and white ruffled blouse plus black and yellow plaid scarf I wore to the wedding. And it was in 1973!

(And I won't tell you about the time a boyfriend and I went to the music City Open Chess tournament- Yes, we were geeks- and a friend had told us about a wonderful strip of bars- Ya gotta go there! Great bars! Well, we're wandering all over Nashville, Asking families on street corners, policemen, etc. Excuse me, can you tell us how to get to Printer's Alley? All we can seem to find is this alley full of dingy strip bars! <LOL> We were in college, mind you! They had just passed liquor ordinances and we had barely turned 18, legal age, then. Had to check out every bar in the wet parts of the state! We were tired and sore-footed, and said, what the heck- Pick the one with the lowest cover. I just want to get off my feet and sit down!

It was a hoot, by the way! We watched the AUDIENCE!

Not cruise related- At least not THAT kind of cruising! <LOL>

and thanks for giving me a smile. It's been a rough week!

Karie, Who needs to get back on a ship SOON!

Archived