Another OOT/Welcome Gift Bag Question - Parents

monkey1

I definitely plan on giving our parents the goody bags... I think they'd feel left out otherwise!! lol.

And yes, I think we plan on getting something (even something small) in addition to the goody bags for our parents and close family (siblings, etc.). What are you thinking about getting them? The only idea I have so far is for my FI's sister (she's 8), who is also our flower girl. I am going to find her a palm tree or otherwise tropical-themed necklace. Probably off of ebay :)

Congrats to you both for getting married! I just returned not so long ago from our 'wedding~moon'. It was everything we wanted it to be... except for a few things...

~We spent alot of time before the wedding coordinating things, setting things up, etc, spent greater part of first/second day in room waiting for people to call us back since there is no way to check VM remotely.

~The day of the ceremony everything went off without a hitch. We were married at sea, in the chapel. Unfortunately, chapel is as dreary and dark as it looks on the webcam, and was smaller than I thought. Our pictures came out pretty dark, and actually some of them look weird because of the angles the photographer had to use... my poor husband's head looks pointy in a few! I think alot of it too is that they are all digital, and as good as digital gets, it still doesn't come close to regular photos.

~The pictures are great, except a few. We got the eternal collection, with all of the pics on a CD. The CD has trouble reading in certain computers, and could only be read on a rewritable drive (don't know why...) And, of course they forget to put a few of the B+W shots on the disc, so I have to email them to princess, and they will fix them.

~We had a reception in the skywalker lounge, it was great. The cake they do is awesome. Not a 2 person cake, it's a 12" round cake. I can send a picture if you like. Email me at Escapecruises@hotmail.com. Can also send you other shots if you like.

~The photog lost some of our shots; he does a candid shot out on the walking deck, and they just 'disappeared'

All in all, it was a wonderful experience, and was exactly what I wanted. We had a total of 11 people that sailed, and it was lovely.

Now I have a question for you~ How was your experience with 'The wedding Inexperience?' OOps, slip of the tongue... Ours sucked, be to honest, and we are travel agents! We had to twist their arm to get our final payment info, and finalize, which is supposed to be done 45 days before sailing... we paid and finalized 25 days prior!

Also~ CANCEL YOUR FLOWER ORDER, except for the bride's bouquet and groom's boutenierre~ Their flower prices are a rip off; we were charged $25 a wrist corsage, and they were like $10 cheaper if you bought on board. Extra boutenierres were like $5 cheaper. You can order the flowers onboard.

When dealing with the wedding experience, you are basically getting overcharged to pay their commission. I have a letter in to Princess recommending they do their own coordinating.

Randall was our wedding coordinator on board, and he was Fantastic! Tell him Bob and Amanda said hi if he is back from his leave!

Hope this helps; email me for pics or other info!

Traci ~

Hey girl how are you doing? What's new? It's been forever since I have talked to you. How's the planning? Are you down to the final stuff?

For the OOT/ Welcome bags, we did end up giving them to our parents. We added in a special handkerchief. I know it doesn't seem like much but they appreciated it, along with all the other stuff we included in there.

Hope this helps!!

EscapeCruises--I sent you an e-mail directly. I'd love to see your pics.

Shari!!!!!! it has been a long time. I like the idea of something small, but nice for the Ps. I'll have to think about that one. Planning is going well--we're getting closer, finally! How are things by you?

Archived