Warm/cold weather clothing

sallybrown2012

We depart from NJ at the end of December, with two at sea days before reaching Florida - it will clearly be cold for those two sea days, and probably not sweltering even when we get to Florida and beyond.  Do people tend to wear winter formal clothes/dinner outfits when it is still cold out, or do they just go right to cruise/Caribbean/resort wear?  I'm having trouble packing!

2 hours ago, sallybrown2012 said:

We depart from NJ at the end of December, with two at sea days before reaching Florida - it will clearly be cold for those two sea days, and probably not sweltering even when we get to Florida and beyond.  Do people tend to wear winter formal clothes/dinner outfits when it is still cold out, or do they just go right to cruise/Caribbean/resort wear?  I'm having trouble packing!

Inside the ship is climate controlled, so you can wear whatever you like for dining and such.  If you're going to be out on the deck during the day, then obviously you'll want a pair of long pants and a jacket.  

As for Florida, the Orlando/Port Canaveral area can vary a bit more but if you're sailing out of Miami/Fort Lauderdale you don't really need to worry about cool weather.  I mean, there can always be unseasonable weather so of course check the forecast, but I have spent a lot of time in the FLL area in late December and it's typically around 80 degrees.  Not "sweltering" but absolutely shorts and bathing suit weather!