Ship tour + bridge?

Undrhil

Is it possible to get a tour of the ship including the bridge? Would I have to arrange this with my TA before hand or is this something I can ask about once I am on the ship? I would completely understand not being able to see the bridge, with all the security they probably have to maintain nowadays, but a ship tour would be really cool, especially on the "Fun at Sea Day" or the first day of the cruise.

Any suggestions in this area? Also, of the dining times available, which is the best time overall? Is there a real difference, besides the people you dine with? Is it better to get an early or a late seating?

Undrhil

last year on the CB we were celebrating our 50th anniversary. Before leaving home I wrote on spiffy stationary to the Captain requesting a bridge tour to help celebrate our event. I included our cabin #. (Thru these threads you can find out who the Captain will be on your cruise). As soon as we arrived on board I took the letter to the purser and asked him to pass it on to the Captain. Lo and behold, the second day on the cruise I received a letter from the Captain inviting us for a tour with the date and time. There were about 10 others invited at the same time, and it was a wonderful experience. He and his crew were very accommodating, and posed with pictures with everyone and we were there about an hour. I think having a special event helped, as there were several newly-weds on the tour.

Hmm. What kind of letter did you write? A nice long formal one or just a simple "This cruise marks our 50th anniversary and we were wondering if it would be possible to take a tour of the ship with the captain" type thing? I never really was any good at doing long formal stuff. :) I guess I can print something good up in Word. Better yet, if anyone has a good letter in mind and won't mind passing it along to me. We aren't having any special occasion (except that this is my sister's first cruise!) but I am hoping the captain might be accomodating.

Thanks again! :)

Undrhil

Hmm ... probably would be better to say why I chose the Sensation ... :) But I got the idea. Thanks again! I'll have to work on my handwriting since it's terrible unless I practice what I am writing a while before actually writing it. Did that make sense?

Undrhil

Archived