guarantee cabin assignment

freedom50

This past  Monday we chose and paid for an upgrade on the Koningsdam. We recieved an cabin guarantee from our personal cruise consultant with Holland in the VF category. We are happy about having a balcony on this cruise. My question is when  should we receive our staterooom number, which is needed to print out our boarding pass etc. Should I be concerned, we leave on the ship December 15th.  Has anyone ever boarded on the day with knowing the stateroom number? If so, how was it handled at the cruise terminal? We are leaving out of Port Everglades. Any tips or info is much appreciated. 

I would print the documents and then take a sharpie marker to add the room number when you are assigned it.  If you go to luggage drop off and still don't have it as sometimes they do assign at check in then I would make sure the bags are clearly marked with your name.  
One other thing, have you logged onto your online account to make sure it hasn't popped up?  I would do that everyday (who am I kidding, it would likely be several times a day!) until the day I sail.  

When have done guarantee category a few times but have always know a week or so in advance.  

Have a great sailing!

We have done 9 guarantees and most of our assignments have come 10 or 11 days out. Shortest was three days out. You can print tags without a room number as RGBFamily suggested or you can get a tag from the porter who takes your bag at the pier. They will have a list of cabin numbers and will write it in for you right there.

Usually the assignment shows up in the bag tag print section before it appears in the boarding pass, so check again!

Edited by catl331