Can ZPM code be used with older FCCs?

tregatti

We have some FCCs we purchased a couple years ago. We're going on a Panama Canal cruise at the end of December, and I am looking at an Alaska cruise for 2021 that I was thinking of booking onboard to get the reduced deposit and OBC. However, in doing some searching in this forum, it looks like I can get the same reduced deposit and OBC as booking on board if I use the FCCs and the ZPM code within 60 days of returning from our Panama Canal cruise.

All things being equal I'd prefer to book at home than on the ship (more time to do research, no sales pressure etc.) but I want to make sure I can use the ZPM code with our older FCCs before deciding not to try booking on board. (I don't see any reason why I couldn't do this but I thought I'd better ask to make sure.)

BTW... are there any benefits to booking onboard besides the reduced deposit & OBC?

You absolutely can.

I’ve done it often.  I was actually told by the Mariner’s society that HAL uses the oldest FCD’s first.  I can’t verify that of course, just what I was told 😉 

You should be able to. . . 

Advantages to booking on board besides reduced deposit and OBC sometimes include prepaid hotel service charges, beverage cards, dinners at speciality restaurants etc.   I’d check on board and then decide/compare.  

• Thanks 1