Bar question??

emt9898

I think people are talking about two different things. Princess website has (or had, haven't gone there since August) a section where you can order, for example, a scotch and soda or bourbon and coke package, consisting of 174 ltr. bottle of booze and several cans of soda. You prepay on-line, and if it's not in your room when you arrive, phone room service to remind them (soemtimes they just haven't got to it while the rooms are being refreshed for new passengers) and it will be there shortly. But I think some others are using the phrase "bar set up" to mean asking the steward for extra tumblers, wine glasses, corkscrew, etc.. There is no charge for that.

We did a combo: brought our own wine, but ordered the booze packages; the price was not outrageous and it was one less thing to carry onboard. When we invited others for pre-dinner cocktails, the first night we ordered an hors d'oerves tray. It was ok, but ran something like $12. The next night, I went up to the Horizon buffet and loaded a plate with crackers, cheeses and cold cuts, and carried it back to the room.

Archived