formal nights

kakkie40

Hi all,

We are leaving tomorrow on a 3 night cruise aboard the MSC Divina I am assuming there is no formal night on a 3 night cruise but just want to be sure. Does anyone know out there? I don"t want to not have a jacket for my husband if I need one thanks

Kakkie40

He won’t need a jacket if he doesn’t want to wear one. We’re on the Seaside now i our second week. 3 formal nights gone already and I would say only about half the passengers dress up. I like to dress in nice shirt and trousers every night and OH likes a nice dress, thats as far as we go and still look better than a lot of peeps even on formal nights

• Thanks 1

Formal nights or not does not really make any difference. For example, last week during a 7-night cruise there were no limitations in the YC. We saw shorts on some, a woman wearing short jean cutoffs with tank top, and couples that were dress-up to a wide degree. I regretted even bringing a tie.

I've found conflicting information on the MSC site. In one place, they say that cruises of 4-6 nights have one formal night, etc., with the clear implication that less than 4 does not. However, in another place it says, "We advise travellers to pack a range of garments, from casual wear for relaxing aboard to occasion wear for the Gala Dinners that feature on every MSC cruise. "

Although I use to like tuxing it up for formal nights, those days stopped when airlines started charging for luggage. Now, I pretty much wear a long sleeve dress shirt and khaki pants every night to dinner, and have always felt dressed at least as good as anyone else, even on formal night.