How does online check in work

DerekDun8

Only flown once before...Can someone please explain this to me.. Has anyone ever had a problem with the boarding passes you print out, because they are nothing like the ones you recieve at the airport? Should i get on the internet on the cruise on our last day and print out our boarding passes? It will save us time at hte airport right?

Also how does curbside luggage check in work? and does anyone know if miami airport offers this?

I don't see a big advantage to on-line check-in unless you are flying Southwest. ( no assisgned seating and checking in early gets you on the plane quicker to snag a seat)

If your seats are already assigned that is not the worry. It would save you some time at the airport if you are cutting it close.

I have checked in many times on-line with no troubles. you get a boarding pass with a bar code on a 8.5 X 11 paper. Also, with Delta and Southwest if something happens with your printing you can go to a kiosk and "reprint" you boarding pass. Not sure if AA has kiosks but i am sure that they will re-print at the ticket window if something happens to your printing. I, like many on here I'm sure, have set the alarm clock to get up before midnight to check in for Southwest....(gotta get that A boarding pass on Southwest!)

I can't speak for curbside at Miami...never tried it

WillieBluffU, with Southwest you don't have to set your alarm clock any more as you can do on-line check-in 24 hours before your flight.

Rich, ACC

Carefree Vacations

We like on-line check-in--we can change our seats ourselves if we want, and if we're flying with just carry-on luggage, or if we do curbside check-in of our luggage, we can go right to security.

Archived