Any day tours in NYC with pier pick up and JFK drop off?

Novastar

We will be arriving in the morning and will try to be among the last off the ship but our flight does not leave until 6:30 pm from JFK. The last time we arrived in New York (5 years ago) the cruise line offered a Manhattan tour with airport drop off. However there is no such excursion offered for our upcoming cruise. I have looked online and the only thing I could find were private tours in excess of $400/person. That is too pricey. Any other suggestions? Thanks

Depending how many other passengers have a fairly late JFK departure, the ship MAY offer a city tour that ends at the airport.  We have seen this offered in the past, but again, it depends on how many folks have a late JFK departure as it might  not  be an "always available excursion". 

Edited by marco

Absent a ship offered tour, I would suggest taxi to Schwartz luggage (west 37th street) to check your luggage and then taking a hop-on-hop-off tour ... there are a number.  Finally a yellow cab to JFK ... the fare is fixed. 

Edited by Noxequifans

Or you can get a reservation for a day room at the TWA hotel at JFK airport.It is interminal 5. As you know everything takes longer to get to because of traffic and security. They have a pool on the roof and maybe? a hot tub plus there is a Constellation aircraft for a bar! Check out the website, they may have a baggage check without getting a room also...

8 hours ago, Novastar said:

Thanks for the info. Is Schwartz luggage close to the pier? From there where would we find the hop-on-hop-off bus?

Schwartz luggage is at 357 West 37th street ......take a taxi from the pier. The bus tours can be purchased in advance online or in the Times Square area (42nd street) from the numerous ticket sellers. 

20 hours ago, pootsien2 said:

Or you can get a reservation for a day room at the TWA hotel at JFK airport.It is interminal 5. As you know everything takes longer to get to because of traffic and security. They have a pool on the roof and maybe? a hot tub plus there is a Constellation aircraft for a bar! Check out the website, they may have a baggage check without getting a room also...

That is a definite possibility and it looks like a fun place to check out. Thanks so much for the suggestion.

We flew out of JFK this past summer and arrived early as we wanted to check out the TWA hotel.  We had an "adult beverage" on the Constellation, too.   Lots of memorabilia and we enjoyed the experience and thought it was well worth getting to JFK much earlier than our flight.

3 hours ago, Noxequifans said:

Regarding the TWA hotel, read the reviews in TripAdvisor. High percentage (27%) poor and terrible ratings. 

That won't sway me! I believe most of the negatives were from when it first opened and when people are mad they are taking the time to complain. I am only staying there one night pre-cruise in April and only @18 hrs. I want to see it, and I think it may be my only time staying there since I would prefer something in Manhattan if I had more time.

• Like 1