Sunrise Main Theater ?

ALWAYS CRUZIN

Is this correct. They removed the seating and all the tables from the main theater? Only chairs on the lower deck in the main theater? They say they do bingo in there. Really? No tables, where do you put a drink? 

Even in the upper deck no tables. That stinks. I hope I am wrong. What else might be shocking on that refurbished ship? Already booked it.

3 minutes ago, Alegeeter said:

Correct. They made it into Liquid Lounge, like on the Vista Class.

The upper tier is like what it used to be. No tables but there are cup holders and wide armrests. 

The lower level is just (very uncomfortable and small) chairs. 

Thanks. Smart move 😣

4 minutes ago, Jamman54 said:

Yep, no place to put your drinks on the floor level except on the floor. For the bingo players they do provide large clipboards to hold your sheets. 

Thanks. Well that helps with the bingo. We do all bingo's after 1:00 no AM for us. Wonder how many drinks are soaked up by the carpet?

On our Sunrise cruise we went to the Liquid Lounge exactly twice: for the muster drill and for Chris Williams' "Flying Scotsman" show. We first encountered the Liquid Lounge layout on Vista in 2016 and didn't like it then. I don't think the number of complaints about the lack of places to put drinks really concern Carnival. Good thing I'm not a big fan of Playlist Productions.

On 12/20/2019 at 4:28 PM, twodaywonder said:

Thanks. Well that helps with the bingo. We do all bingo's after 1:00 no AM for us. Wonder how many drinks are soaked up by the carpet?

If I remember correctly, on the Horizon, the deck wasn't carpeted.  We only went in there once for the P/D get together.  We had to sit our drinks on the floor almost under your chairs so that someone going in front of you to get to their seats didn't tip it over..  

This reconfiguration if the show room is not one many people like. 
I personally don’t like it and also was not a fan of it on the horizon. 
I am sure there are many reasons they did this as what is the rooM used for all day anyways - but I like the traditional theater room for the shoes like on their other ship and on all the other cruiselines. 
I also happen to think their shows are not that great and the show times conflict with you fine dinning - so no great loss for me as I don’t attend anymore. 

I think Sunshine (formerly Destiny) was the first ship that had a convertible main theater, rather than a theater and a nightclub separately. (*cough* cutbacks *cough*)  That's why I will cruise only on Breeze and older.  While I haven't had stage fright in years, it'll still feel awkward to be surrounded by tons of seats while busting a move on the dance floor.  Plus, as others pointed out, where will people put down their drinks during the show without a risk of knocking them over?  Carnival should at least install cupholders on the chairs.  Otherwise, with no place to safely put their drinks, people won't buy them.  That means revenue loss. 

Carnival suits, are you reading this?

Edited by LandlockedCruiser01