Can I buy liquor online before my cruise?

ExCruiseMe

I did this on the Princess.com website for our Carribean cruise on the CB and expected it to appear on my CC in dollars. However, I was concerned to discover the request is passed to Princess UK to be processed and the exchange rate is VERY POOR.

I wouldn't do it again rather I would order a bottle from room service and charge it to my ship board account.

Just another example of how UK cruisers get the s***** end of the stick! and how Princess are determined to keep the US and UK operations separate.

Richard

There has been a lot of discussion about this. It seems that Princess has changed the pre-orders to exclude liters and now only offers the 375 ml with mixer package for $17. It appears they may also be eliminating the ability to order a liter from room service or purchase it from the lobby bar on board the ship. If this is true Princess is making a big mistake as it will only encourage more smuggling of liquor.

I have been trying to get a definitive answer to the question of whether you can purchase on the ship or not and I agree it will only promote smuggling if they stop this service.

Hopefully someone reading this thread will have the answer.

Archived